Total Pageviews

Monday, April 1, 2013

Former WWE Tag Champ retires, new Mania celeb, Mania's economic impact, Flair remembered, Interviews with Kane/Foley, and Questions on Raw DVDs, Orton, and Bully Ray

Charlie Haas, best known as past of Team Angle and the World's Greatest Tag Team, has retired at the age of 41 to spend more time with his family. He announced his retirement at an ROH show in Asheville. And I could have been at that show! Grrrr... At any rate, I've always thought he was a great wrestler. There were times when he showed some good personality as well. I hope post-wrestling life treats him well. I wish he would have gotten to be in TNA or WWE again before hanging it up, but I could say that about a lot of guys.

Comedian Gabriel Iglesias will be the "social media ambassador" for WrestleMania. I get why they're getting celebs to do that kind of thing. Hopefully it translates to increased interest in WWE.

Here's a story on the economic impact of WrestleMania 29.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Jim Ross looked at the death of Reid Flair. Great read.

George South, who had just worked with Reid Flair a few days before his death, spoke about the situation.

Kane talked ahead of WrestleMania. Pretty funny story about Stevie Richards.

Mick Foley looked back at his time in high school. Wrestling is mentioned a bit.

WWE has done their last live event before WrestleMania, which I'm sure the roster is happy about.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
Nothing to add to 1.

2. The WWE Network needs to be a really big deal for them, so I think they made the right move.

3. Pretty much what they said. I'd add that he's been there so long and in so many important matches that he's reached a certain level of appreciation from the fans. To me, he reached that level when he became champion after Cena's year-plus reign.

4. If by face of the company, you mean the guy who goes into interviews with a smile on his face and talks about how great the product is, then I don't really see it. That's just not really his personality. But got being the top guy, that's certainly possible. They're clearly high on him (for good reason).

Nothing to add to 5.

More wrestling tomorrow, and a Blue Echo podcast later in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment