Total Pageviews

Monday, April 15, 2013

Special guest on ECW DVD, HBK appearance, Cena charity, Stone Cold on the Fandango hype train, Interviews with AJ/Foley, and Questions on Fandango, sending a message to Vince, the World Title, and AJ Lee

Tommy Dreamer will be co-hosting WWE's upcoming ECW DVD. I imagine this will lead to more speculation of him returning to the company, since he was also at the Hall of Fame. Time will tell. I think he'd be good for working with some of the less-experienced members of the roster to bring them further along. He gets the whole "giving back to the business" thing and is still over despite losing a lot (because wins and losses aren't the whole story).

Shawn Michaels drove the pacecar at NASCAR's NRA 500 this weekend. NASCAR rustles my jimmies. I had to watch it every week when I was young. My face if I ever have to watch it again:

Seriously, I hate it that much.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

John Cena will match frequent flier miles donated to Make-A-Wish. BBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. TURN HIM HEEL! Nah, that's pretty awesome of him.

Stone Cold has predicted that Fandango will be Intercontinental Champion by the end of the year. I wouldn't be shocked.

AJ Lee was interviewed. She's always fun to hear from. Her school sounds a lot like UNC Asheville (free plug!). I just realized that Kane is old enough to be her dad. Creepy. Funny stuff about the McMahons and video games. I think she's a pretty good talker, and she's right about that being important.

Mick Foley had a Q&A. I agree about poor choices being made on small shows. Funny story about Vince. I bet he yells at kids to get off of his lawn, too. And yes, he gets the Hell in a Cell question ALL. THE. TIME..  Those ribs are INSANE. Jesus. The Naked Mideon stuff was funny in a weird way. The popcorn story was also entertaining. Vince can be brutal to his commentators.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. As over as his song is, why change it!? If anything, he can heel the crowd for signing his song. But, no, in 2013 heels can be cool with the crowd.

2. Anything bad happening in WWE "isn't Vince's fault" or the fault of his cronies. He's Vince McMahon, damn it! Yeah, I pretty much agree that he's the problem in a lot of ways.

3. In a way, yes. I'm a fan of Fandango, so I like that he's being appreciated. I'm just still in the old school "boo the heel" mentality.

4. I think the main reason it was so "low" was because they had Rock, Taker, Brock, and HHH on the card. It will almost certainly be more important now that they're all gone.

5. She obviously learned to sell from John Cena. There, I made the joke. But yeah, she's fine. She survived being run over by Big Show, didn't she? It was an accident.

More wrestling tomorrow, and a Blue Echo podcast coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment