Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Superstars and Smackdown Reax - 4/19/13

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's Superstars and Smackdown.

Superstars:
That was a better tag match than I was expecting. I was pleasantly surprised. Clay still seems kind of limited, but other than that things were good.

Natalya vs. Tamina was nice, as they actually told a story. I think they could have done an even better job with more time, but that's true of a lot of matches.

Smackdown:
Pretty good opening promo-off. The Fandango character could be going places. Santino was fine.

Cool finisher from Fandango. Glad he beat Santino.

Nice post-match. I can't believe I didn't have faith in the Fandango character.

More authority figure tension. I really hope this is leading to a huge heel turn for Teddy. After all these years of TAG TEAM MATCH, PLAYA and DA UNDATAKAH, PLAYA and HOLLA HOLLA HOLLA, it's time for him to snap.

Not a bad champion vs. champion match. I wouldn't mind a mini-feud. Maybe we're headed for Kofi vs. Fandango? As long as we're not in for Bo Dallas as IC Champion.

Nice brief segment between Henry and Sheamus. I think these two could do something special at Extreme Rules.

Swagger vs. Del Rio was pure magic. Wow. I wish it would have gotten more build since it was one of the top matches at Mania, but the match itself was great.

AWESOME Shield promo. I hope they do take out Undertaker. It's not like he's going to be on TV for a long time anyway in all likelihood.

And now it's time for our ridiculous comedy segment of the night.

At least that was fairly brief. Primo and Epico haven't won a match on a "main show" (Raw or Smackdown) in 8 months. Natalya, Primo, Epico, and even Rosa were fine, but you can only do so much in a match like this. Sheesh. Khali and Hornswoggle are on TV and Antonio Cesaro isn't. Not cool.

Not a bad main event to continue things. Orton vs. Show and Sheamus vs. Henry at Extreme Rules? It'd be fine by me.

More wrestling coming up, including podcasting at Blue Echo.

No comments:

Post a Comment