Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Interview with Rock, new WWE reality show, Updates on Graham/Hall, WWE's 2014 PPV schedule, Diva sent home, Smackdown audience, and Questions on journalists, the territories, site focus, Magnum TA, and Divas vs. Knockouts

The Rock was interviewed about his wrestling status. I'd be down with Rock vs. Brock. As for the scrambling, maybe only some writers and wrestlers knew what was going on?

WWE is making a reality show about a number of Divas called "Total Divas", which will air on the E! Network. Interesting that they're not thinking of saving that idea for their own network. Maybe they're not so sure about its status. Here's the press release. Could be pretty interesting, especially with the often-forgotten Natalya. As for the new faces, Eva Marie is Natalia Eva Marie, who was a 2012 Powertec fashion model. Jo-Jo Offerman is Joseann Alexie Offerman, who has a singing and dancing background. I hope both become successful in WWE and deliver quality entertainment.

Here's an update on "Superstar" Billy Graham. Things aren't good.

There will be no PPV for WWE in March 2014 as they go from Elimination Chamber to WM30. No shock there. I think that's one thing that helps Mania be so successful.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Here's another update on Scott Hall. I'm rooting for the Bad Guy here.

WWE has sent Rosa Mendes home from their European tour due to her behavior. WWE officially deemed it "personal reasons". Mendes made a similar remark on Twitter. I hope she's ok and that WWE made the right move in sending her home.

Smackdown's audience was down to 2.59 million this week. WrestleMania hangover in full effect. See you next year...

As for my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. As far as I know, Powell's a good guy. I don't really see too much of his work (out of time restraints, I stick to a few major news sites). I'm not a fan of the Torch in general for a lot of their editorial stances. They seem like they're trying to be moral guardians more so than wrestling journalists, and come across like they're on a high-horse most of the time.

2. WWE DIDN'T SCREW THE TERRITORIES. THE TERRITORIES SCREWED THE TERRITORIES. Who or what you blame here really depends on your philosophy as a whole (was Vince exploitative?, etc.). Bottom line, the territories were unable to match what Vince did.

3. One of the chief reasons I focus almost exclusively on WWE and TNA is because they're readily available to a large number of people. If ROH (or any other company) got their level of cable and PPV coverage, I'd probably cover them as well.

4. I don't know what the odds are since there really aren't set criteria for who gets in the Hall and who doesn't. I wish I knew more about the earlier days of THIS BUSINESS... I've definitely heard the name lauded, but whether WWE would acknowledge him is anyone's guess.

5. I agree that TNA makes better use of the Knockouts. They aren't positioned as nearly as secondary as the Divas are. Their characters are generally pretty well-developed as well. It's telling to me that Gail Kim turned down a good paycheck to go back there.

More wrestling coming up tomorrow and Blue Echo podcasting coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment