Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Interviews with Jericho/Rock+Cena+Show/Joseph Park/Miz/Brodus/Jimmy Hart/Kaitlyn/AJ Lee/Cody Rhodes/Heyman/Ziggler/Foley/Hornswoggle/Bully Ray/Layla/Ryback/Punk, TNA part-timers at live event, more Mania buzz, Bruno profiled, Knockout hurt?, Fandango's partner, Mania legends, and Questions on TNA, Fandango, the end of WWE, media errors, and Sting in WWE

Chris Jericho was on Jimmy Fallon's show. Not a bad appearance. I hope Fandango at least looks good against him. They've got a chance to really help along a talented, fresh star here.

Sting and Hulk Hogan were at last night's TNA live event in the New York area. They generally don't do house shows. I don't think their involvement is an accident with it being Mania week in the area.

This WrestleMania story has sound bytes from Rock, Cena, and Big Show among others. Following Rock's WWE involvements in the years to come will be interesting.

Joseph Park was interviewed in-character. This is one of my favorite characters in wrestling right now.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Here's another "WWE using social media" story. Interesting stuff.

And here's a good story on Bruno Sammartino. I'm so glad he's come "home" to WWE.

Here's an interview with The Miz in Boston. I'm very curious to see if he'll become IC Champion.

Brodus Clay talked. Funny stuff about his segment last year. I think kids can get into angry characters. I've heard the theory that Brodus' dancing was punishment for spoiling a segment before Raw.

Jimmy Hart also talked about WrestleMania. It's weird to see him there since he hangs out with Hogan so much.

Kaitlyn talked. I'd totally marry her. Great role model for her work ethic.

AJ Lee also talked. I'd probably marry her, too. Not both of them at the same time, though. I definitely agree that being herself helped her a lot, and her character definitely pulls on some real characteristics of people. Overall, good stuff.

Cody Rhodes talked as well. I appreciate Fritz's respect for the business. The "Cody's mustache" chant is pretty funny. I do think it should be a part of the story if/when Cody shaves it. Fun talk about Sandow. I hope he gets interviewed about Mania, too. I like his philosophy about not sitting at home is great. As for the IC Title, I definitely don't think it should be retired. It should be used to elevate wrestlers.

Paul Heyman talked. I'm a Paul Heyman guy. He's great at putting over his talents and pushing people at their best. Very interesting. It's a shame that he can't be on Creative, but there's no working with Vince and Stephanie.

Dolph Ziggler talked. I hope Big E delivers at the big show. I agree that Ziggler has worked really hard and has earned a shot at the main event. That said, him putting himself over doesn't endear him to Management. I can see the argument that he goes TOO hard, but in some ways he kind of has to to get noticed. He could be a big part of the show if they let him. I think they don't want to push him because they were "wrong" about him. They want him to be a midcarder, even though a lot of fans feel that he's ready to move on.

Mick Foley talked about going into the Hall of Fame. The feud with Funk in 2006 was great. Obviously it was something done before, but they still had some magic. I agree that he might should have called Kevin Dunn ahead of Tweeting his frustration.

Hornswoggle also talked. The "Little Bastard" reference got me.

Bully Ray talked about TNA and WWE. He's right about times changing. I'm sure some will be upset with his comments, but people these days are upset about everything.

Velvet Sky has been said to have suffered a knee injury on Impact, but is ok to wrestle. Good for TNA to not have a champion hurt.

Here's another John Cena interview. I think he's said in the past that he wasn't a fan of the spinner championship after a certain point. Some people HATED that thing. He makes valid points about turning heel.

The Miz and Layla did a B A Star rally. That's cool.

The most recent Impact got 1.43 million viewers, which is good for TNA. They're putting on good shows.

The dancer with Fandango at the WrestleMania press conference was NXT's Summer Rae. No word on if she'll be a permanent fixture at his side. I'm curious to see what she can do.

Ryback talked about Mania and wanting to be the top guy. He's another motivated act that Cena wrongfully threw under the bus the other day.

Here's another C.M. Punk interview talking about the possibility of wrestling Stone Cold. I'd like to see it if Austin can still "go". I give Punk a lot of props for putting over Cesaro. Some guys are really protective of their spots and wouldn't put over a young act like that.

Paul Heyman also talked about Punk vs. Austin. There are so many parallels between them that it would be a perfect storyline.

Ivan Koloff and Sika of the Wild Samoans join the legends visiting at WrestleMania. Cool.

Update: Add Ric Flair to the mix, along with Gene Snitsky and Sylvan Grenier. I wouldn't expect the latter two to be back on TV any time soon, but you never know.

And here's another Rock interview. He's right about listening to the audience and going from there vs. planning out a bunch of spots and doing them beforehand.

WWE stars sang Taylor Swift's "22". There's a reason these people wrestle instead of sing. Punk's part was easily the best.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools! TNA can overcome them. It won't be easy and it won't be swift, but it can be done. I think it was just them putting over their roster more than anything. Creative and marketing are fine. They just don't have nearly the budget that WWE does to expand to great heights. It could happen one day, though.

2. Who said WWE was interested in fairness? I'd like to see Kaitlyn defend the title, too, but I can see why they'd want to try to elevate Fandango.

3. WWE is definitely doing some self-destructive behavior, as was mentioned. Stiffer competition would do them well. I don't think WWE will ALWAYS exist in the present sense. That's a little permanent, no? That said, I don't see them going out of business any time soon.

Nothing to add to 4, other than it pays to be careful with such news and have it verified before running it.

5. Sting's kind of cryptic sometimes, but he's said that he was pretty close to signing. I think it's entirely possible that they were holding out hope that it'd be Sting. And yes, I see him going into the Hall of Fame one day. The chances of him appearing in WWE before then, though, look kind of slim.

More wrestling tomorrow, and a Blue Echo podcast will be recorded later in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment