Total Pageviews

Friday, April 5, 2013

Impact Wrestling Reax - 4/4/13

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.

No problems with the opening segment at all. TNA does a good job of setting up things for later in the show.

Not sure what to make of the Joey/Brooke segment. It all depends on what it leads to.

Well, that was certainly interesting. I was mostly ok with it I guess. Since TNA doesn't do as many bad comedy segments, some levity here and there isn't too bad.

The post-match made sense. I'm willing to see how this plays out.

Pretty good segment to set up the upcoming Tag Team Championship match. I think that could be a barn-burner of a match. I'd love to Aries and Roode taken to a new level.

Pretty good promo from Pearce. I can't wait to see what he can do in the ring.

Good Magno promo, too. I always like the opportunity to see a new hyped act.

I wanted more from Pearce vs. Magno. They should have a longer rematch to determine who gets the contract. You only get one chance to make a first impression and this wasn't exactly Cena vs. Angle. Not bad by any stretch, and both guys showed that they were veterans, but I wanted more.

I'm liking the AJ Styles angle. I haven't been this interested in his character since he was TNA Champion.

Meh. Hogan. What's there to say at this point? The character does about the same thing over and over. He's been face. He's been heel. He's been champion. He's been the legend. What's there left for him to do?

Fine Angle/Park segment.

Storm in particular was really good in that segment. I'm really enjoying the story between him and AJ.

I don't see AJ making his decision next week, but whatever.

Fine little X-Division match. Nothing earth-shattering, but it was good "popcorn" action.

Fine Aces and Eights segment. I'm glad TNA's focusing on their own business instead of taking shots at WWE during Mania season.

Not a bad main event at all. I hope people are tuning in this week.

Fine Hogan segment to set up the next angle.

Pretty good ending segment to set up Ray vs. Hardy for next week. I'm sure there will be a lot of bitching on the Internet about Bully going after Brooke's appearance because heaven forbid a bad guy would say something objectionable.

More wrestling coming up, and a Blue Echo podcast will be recorded.

No comments:

Post a Comment