Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Superstars and Saturday Morning Slam Reax - 4/6/13, Interviews with Bryan+Sheamus/AJ Lee/Cena+Rock+Henry+Show/Ziggler/HBK/JBL/RVD, big anti-Cena sign, pitch a storyline to Stephanie, more Mania hype, Cena stats, top execs of WWE and TNA meet, Hall of Fame ceremony, and Questions on Jeff Jarrett, the Divas Title, Y2J, Michael Tarver, and weird places to watch wrestling

Superstars (it's understandable that this was posted late due to all the other content WWE's been putting up):
I don't think anyone was clamoring for Khali vs. JTG. It might be time for JTG to pull a Zack Ryder or C.M. Punk because he is going NOWHERE. He's lost 16 matches in a row, with his last win being a dark match in his hometown. The last time he won on TV (in the States) was in August of 2011 in a 6-man tag. He picked up some wins on NXT Season 5 but that didn't air here. I don't think they're missing the boat on him per se, but the guy rarely gets a break.

Everything else was video packages, so I'll move to:
Saturday Morning Slam:
Pretty good opening match. I'm glad they didn't just feed Sandow to Ryback in 2 minutes. Hopefully both guys do really good things in the future.

I liked the Foley segment, even though having him as GM reeks of 2000.

Kane vs. Rhodes wasn't bad. I was hoping for a Rhodes upset, but Kane should be more important going into Mania.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Daniel Bryan and Sheamus talked WrestleMania. Bryan's right about the entertainment aspect being important.

AJ Lee talked again. I'm high on that whole act's work. She and Kaitlyn made a very entertaining duo in their own way.

Randy Orton tweeted a pretty funny John Cena sign. People love to give Cena hell.

Added to the WWE charity auctions is the chance to pitch a WWE storyline to Stephanie McMahon. I can see someone getting together a bunch of money to turn Cena heel and it get shot down. That's really cool at any rate.

C.M. Punk threw out the first pitch at the New York Mets game on 4/5. Hopefully some Mets fans give WWE a shot.

Marvel spoke to John Cena, The Rock, Mark Henry, and Big Show. They don't seem like they'd be big comic readers.

TMZ saw JTG, Yoshi Tatsu, and The Great Khali out eating chicken wings. I can see WWE turning that into a comedy segment.

John Cena talked about shaving ahead of WrestleMania. He's not a bad guy! He just gets booed. Shaving the pubic area actually isn't the best idea. That skin's really delicate. More here.

Dolph Ziggler talked about his career. Ahh, the Spirit Squad. I also thought Kenny was going to be the star. The digs at him being in that gimmick are stale. The WWE brass keeps telling young guys to step up, but won't push someone who clearly wants that spot. I agree with his remarks about HBK being so over due to his longevity. I'm glad he and HBK talk.

Bruno Sammartino was given the key to the city of Jersey City, NJ. Nice.

John Cena rang the bell at the New York Stock Exchange on Friday. Also cool.

Shawn Michaels talked. I'm curious to see what his involvement will be at Mania.

Here's a three-part interview between JBL and John Cena. I actually didn't see Cena being a big deal until some time after the JBL feud. He had to show to me that he could be a sustainable top guy. So many people become champion and then don't really go as high as they could.

WWE will expand NXT, opening a "WWE Performance Center" in June. Not really sure what that means, but I guess we'll see in the summer.

Here's an interesting look at John Cena's WrestleMania history. It should be noted that the one time he wasn't in a main event (but still on the card) was in a match for the U.S. Title vs. Big Show (which is hardly something to scoff at). So for 9 straight Manias, he's been in a main event. That's unreal. I give Cena all the credit in the world and think some judge him too harshly, but I'd definitely like to see some new faces in the mix.

Dixie Carter met with Stephanie McMahon. That's definitely headline worthy! I'd love to know how that conversation went.

Here's coverage of the WWE Hall of Fame. Talk about an interesting cast of characters!

Rob Van Dam spoke to WWE.com about being at the Hall of Fame ceremony. I think they might be testing the waters for him returning to the company. We'll see if they can work something out. I think he could still be a contributor.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I'm under the impression that he's pretty busy with those backstage duties. He's trying to expand TNA internationally with projects like Ring Ka King and British Bootcamp. He's also wrestled in AAA. I personally think it's pretty cool that TNA is growing in those ways and hope things continue in that vein.

2. No match has been set. I imagine Kaitlyn and AJ will still be a part of the show, though.

3. You never know when Jericho will pop up. I know Fozzy has a tour in Europe for the rest of the month, but other than that I don't know of any other commitments. He's advertised for the Raw and Smackdown following Mania, and there's one date in the UK he'll be able to make, but other than that I don't see any appearances listed (including Extreme Rules). But yes, he does want to continue contributing to WWE when he has the time.

4. They teased an angle with Tarver with him backstage on his phone a lot, but it never went anywhere. I don't remember why they released him. But yeah, he's not there anymore.

5. At a fair is about as weird as it gets for me, though in some ways it's weird having wrestling tapings pretty close to my house, since I pass by the little building where they used to tape CWF Mid-Atlantic pretty frequently.

More wrestling tomorrow, and a Blue Echo podcast coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment