Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Main Event Reax - 4/17/13, Interviews with RVD/Korderas, letting kids wrestle, DVD on managers, NXT expansion, TNA TV change in Canada, part-timer on tour, and Questions on teams vs. individuals, an all-female promotion, Jarrett, Crazy old coot Vince, and Rock for President

Main Event:
I figured more people would be in the battle royal (Slater? Bo Dallas?) I guess that's what I get for figuring.

Not a bad promo from Barrett. Of course, Khali is made to be a threat. That makes sense with his size.

Not a bad battle royal. Glad Khali didn't win, even though a win over Khali would have been impressive for Barett. I like Gabriel, so I'm glad they're throwing him a bone.

Fine promo by Gabriel to set up the title match.

Fine Heyman promo as always.

Nice promo from Barrett to cover up for his recent losses.

Barrett and Gabriel worked together pretty well. Nice match. I hope Gabriel gained some points from Management for his performance there.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

RVD was interviewed. RVD's face when:
Cool story about his thumb point. I do think that's a pretty cool taunt. The RVD name is pretty cool, and the story about being confused with Jean-Claude Van Damme was rather funny. I'll comment on his wrestling future when things look more definite. I think other than his use of illegal substances, he's a great pickup.

This article looks at kids imitating wrestling in a good light. I don't know that I've ever typed that sentence. As long as they don't hurt anyone for real, I guess it's ok.

Here's a trailer for "Wrestling's Most Awesome Manager". Looks good. Paul Heyman, Paul Bearer and Jim Mitchell are some of my favorites.

WWE is set to announce an expansion to NXT. Should be cool. I hope it's worth the investment.

In some parts of Canada (under the cable provider Rogers), Spike TV will be moving from the standard tier to the "Classic TV" tier, meaning it will be more expensive to watch TNA.That definitely sucks for TNA fans. Of course, some people will just turn to the Internet.

Here are some highlights from an interview with former WWE official Jimmy Korderas. I'll have to check that book out. That Raw crowd... wow. It did feel almost like they got tickets just so people would hear their chants on TV.

William Regal is part of WWE's European tour. He defeated Michael McGIllicutty in the Netherlands. I wouldn't mind seeing him on TV again, but apparently he's doing pretty good things in NXT.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I see what he was getting at. But yeah, herp derp Cena wins, WWE's not wrestling etc..

2. I do think it would hurt both companies (you can't replace people with years in the business overnight). Would it cripple them? No. It'd be interesting to see what kind of market there is for an all-female promotion.

3. I'm also a big fan of his (which is weird, since I used to kind of have X-Pac heat for him). I know he's busy with international business, and that's about the best "why" I've heard. But yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing him again.

4. That very well might be true. On one level, crazy Vince running the show would be entertaining in a train-wreck fashion, but I don't think that's worth the damage it would do.

5. It would be pretty interesting. Would he embrace his wrestling persona or distance himself from it? But yeah, I don't know if it would happen or not (or if he'd get elected if it did happen).

More wrestling tomorrow, and a Blue Echo podcast coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment