Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Interview with Goldust, Impact audience, Rock Talk, and Questions on WWE Live, a Knockouts show, WWE buying the NWA, Mickie turning heel, and the Pontiac Dome

Here's a two-part interview with Goldust. Yeah, kids! Listen to your elders! I definitely think he put his all into that character. I agree that more people doing that would be nice. As for his statement about Vince not bringing people up until they're ready, explain Bo Dallas. And there's no way they should bring up GTV - a lot of the audience would have no idea what that was. I'm glad he's sober now. I think the bloom's off the rose for Goldust vs. Cody, personally. That said, the Backlot Brawl idea's not bad at all from a story standpoint.

The Impact audience last week was 1.23 million, which the IWC marks will jump all over. They're good at the kneejerk reactions. "It's Sting and Hogan's fault! Bring back Alex Shelley and Petey Williams and you'll have the whole country watching." lolIWC.

The Rock had a solid Q&A on Twitter. Smart guy.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I don't even have the energy to mock this person's English. I'll be nice since it's cool that WWE expands internationally. But what does it say about how they treat Smackdown when they need to boost it like that? I wish they would allow it to be on the same level as Raw, but I guess Raw's closer to Vince's heart.

2. Pretty much that. TNA can't just GET a show on a network. Networks have to give them airtime.

3. Yeah, I don't see them gaining much by buying the NWA since it's so small in today's wrestling world. I guess they could have Rob Conway job the title to Cena or something, but I don't think there's any real interest in even that.

4. Heel Mickie vs. Velvet is fine by me. I don't see her work touching what she did in WWE, though. Everything fell into place perfectly vs. Trish. I know a lot of fans would crap on it for "copying a WWE angle", but I wouldn't mind something happening to where she reverts back to the psycho stalker character. It was definitely more interesting than Hardcore Country.

Nothing to really add to 5, other than I've seen a lot of people dispute the 93,000 figure.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment