Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Query on Raw and Smackdown, SMS Reax - 4/20/13, Conway update, and Questions on Barbed Wire City, things that can easily be Googled, Cesaro, Aces and Eights and WCW continuing

First up, a query:
1. I see Raw and Smackdown continuing to cross over talent for the foreseeable future. The brand split pretty much just exists for live event purposes (and even that area of the company is going towards "WWE" more so than "Raw" and "Smackdown"). What the rebranding of live events means remains to be seen.

Saturday Morning Slam:
That was actually a pretty cool opening segment to put over Kofi and Gabriel. This is how Foley should be used.

NICE. Kofi and Gabriel told a pretty good story. They didn't just go out there and try to go highspot after highspot. X-Division, ROH, etc., take note.

I liked the post-match. It's ok to do face vs. face and heel vs. heel here and there.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I'm glad Primo, Epico, Rosa, and Natalya got mic time and added story to a future match, but... seriously... a Great Khali match.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.
Former WWE Tag Team Champion Rob Conway shut down a WWE return. The company wanted the 40-year-old to be a trainer in NXT, but he still wants to compete. I can't blame him for wanting to continue to wrestling while he's still able to get booked. He's the current NWA Champion.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I love how he used the question to shill the documentary he's in. But yeah, watch it and decide for yourself. I will.

2. This would have taken... what, 2 minutes tops to find out via Google? I wish I could hate this question to death. Furthermore, I wish I could take a golf club to whatever device was used to ask this question to prevent such obvious queries from making it to this stage of the process. I can't even concentrate now.

3. I think Cesaro's great, but I don't know if I'd put him against Cena just yet. But yeah, this is Vince sometimes:
Seriously, they have all that talent and probably some pretty good ideas in that company, but Vince has such a short attention span and so much on his plate that we get a clustermess. I think it really might be time for Vince to slip into an advisory role and see what HHH can do at the helm. If NXT's any indication, he has a better grasp on things than the senior citizen.

4. As was said, they do fight back. Aces and Eights is just that dominant. I picture the angle ending with AJ Styles as the savior of TNA, winning the title from Bully Ray at Bound For Glory. Whether they have that much gas left in the angle is up to debate, but that seems like a sensible ending.

5. That's two questions! Not that I mind, since they're actually thought-provoking. TNA might still have existed if WCW bit the dust shortly thereafter, since part of the idea was to replace WCW. Assuming ECW still tanked, I think ROH would have still come into being. The 2nd part of the question depends largely on how you define "successful". They would have started from scratch in some ways if Bischoff is to be believed. They would have had to run a tighter ship at any rate. It could really have mirrored TNA's rise in some ways, eventually getting some of the stars that they now have. But this is all speculation. Who's running Creative? Who's working there and who's jumping to WWE? There are important questions that would have  to be answered.

More wrestling tomorrow, and a Blue Echo podcast coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment