Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Main Event Reax - 4/24/13, Updates on Baker/Superstar, Cena's birthday celebration, more on Rock, TNA promotion, new TNA office hire, Interview with McGuinness (Wolfe), and Questions on a new Dangerous Alliance, AJ Sting, WWE Creative, Punk bailing on WWE, and WWE logic

Main Event:
JBL gets on my nerves, which I guess is his goal as a heel. It just feels weird to me for him to be getting heat and attention on himself instead of the wrestlers. It was also odd to have the heel announcer play off the heel wrestler here.

That was interesting... I liked Henry dominating The Usos and Santino. I guess it's ok that he left against Khali since it was his 4th match of the night. As long as he crushes Khali in the future, I think things will be ok.

The post-match was fine to please the little Jimmies.

I liked the Colter/Swagger segment, especially the Paine quip.

Taker vs. Ambrose could be really big for Ambrose, even in a loss.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Ox Baker has been hospitalized after a heart attack. I hope he comes out of that situation ok. He had some of the most kickass facial hair OF ALL TIME.

A website has been created to help offset the medical expenses of "Superstar" Billy Graham. I don't know if he'll get as much sympy from fans as Hall did. He's kind of a jerk.

Here's footage of the birthday celebration for John Cena. I hope I get something like that on my birthday.

Michael Bay took a shot at The Rock for wrestling, leading to a lot of mad on the internet. Rock confirmed he was playing around. Bay is a god-tier troll and feeds on the tears of fanboys.

Hulk Hogan promoted a TNA event. Aces and Eights interrupted. Pretty crazy stuff, especially the jet ski escape.

Kurt Angle also did some TNA promotion. WWE has deals in place with certain arenas where TNA can't run.

TNA signed Rafael Morffi, who has worked with live events in WWE. Glad they filled that job.

Nigel McGuinness/Desmond Wolfe was interviewed. I'm glad he took the high road in the Haas situation, though I don't think anyone would blame him for throwing stones that direction. The tournament concept sounds kind of gimmicky. If Vince Russo did that same idea, fans would crap all over it. I'm also glad that he didn't get into a hissy fit about Ziggler "stealing" the idea of wearing the title backwards. Some people could learn from that philosophy. It's true. It's damn true.

The Rock and Mark Wahlberg talked about wrestling. I wouldn't have minded Wahlberg being involved in the buildup to Mania.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I would mark out, personally. But no, we have to do what Vince wants to do. The only problem I see is Brock's limited-dates deal meaning he couldn't appear but so much. On a side note, I'm surprised that there hasn't been a single segment involving both Punk and Lesnar yet.

2. Oh yeah, totally. There's nothing wrong with doing a similar angle to that all these years later, though. It's a pretty good story.

3. Yeah, it's not Creative so much as Vince and the specific people he listens to. Their idea is that having Ziggler be vulnerable means that there's interest in his challengers possibly beating him. The problem is that Ziggler will almost certainly go right back to the upper midcard when he loses the title and they'll wonder where all the new main eventers are. Then they'll go on about people needing to step up and make their own opportunities as if booking and positioning doesn't matter. Repeat ad nauseum.

4. It wouldn't surprise me if he does split off from WWE one day, but for now I think he's just getting some well-deserved time away from the ring.

5. Pretty much what they said. They actually have some points there.

More wrestling tomorrow, and a Blue Echo podcast coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment