Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 28, 2013

SMS Reax - 4/27/13, Credible returning, Lawler appearance, and Questions on WWE being PG (again), Vince running WWE, the state of the wrestling business, and The Rock

Saturday Morning Slam:
Ehh. The opening match was just there to please the little Jimmys. Not much to say. I'd like to see what Primo and Epico could do if the company got behind them, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

Not a bad segment to set up that tag match. I like that the matches aren't just "there" - they have a story behind them.

I would love to Damien Sandow as a professor. On another note, I wonder how I would look if I grew my beard out like his.

Good little tag match. I think I might get some complaints about the faces winning (especially since it's The Usos), but overall that was good.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Justin Credible wants to return to the ring on a full-time basis. I agree that some experienced veterans being around in the ring would be great. Ring psychology isn't as good as it used to be for most guys. I'm also glad that he's sober.


Jerry Lawler made an appearance at a basketball game. Cool.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I'm starting to think that they need an FAQ for their site, since some questions get asked a LOT. I don't think there's really anything to add here. It's a business decision to remain PG to get advertisers they wouldn't otherwise get. It's that simple.

2. I wonder what changed to make him such a control freak?

3. TNA has indeed been really good lately for the most part. It's a shame that people aren't tuning in. They made a good point about WWE. Some people for some reason believe that WWE going out of business would help TNA and these other places. I don't think so. I think a lot of people would just stop watching wrestling if it were to go out of business.

4. Rock did practice wrestling before his matches this year, specifically working with Michael McGillicutty. I think a lot of it is that fans these days are used to faster-pace matches with more spots and Rock doesn't really do that style. It wasn't going to be Punk vs. Bryan in there no matter how hard Rock trained. But yes, he did have to train for his movie roles and look more muscular for them at the expense of (some) cardio training. That said, he did work out in the ring.

More wrestling tomorrow and Blue Echo podcasts hopefully coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment