Total Pageviews

Monday, December 16, 2013

Interview with Aries, possible Richards-WWE update, WWE expands in Middle East, Sheiky Baby talks 2013, new WWE signing, Y2J update, Divas Champion gets heat backstage and Questions on DX vs. Bryan/Punk, Summerslam in Philly, Zayn as Sin Cara, gimmick matches and pushing Bryan

Austin Aries talked after winning the X-Division Championship. I'm glad Aries has the attitude to go out there and do the best he can at what he's asked to do. I hope he regains the momentum he used to have as World Champ. I also like his philosophy of being able to work a number of different styles for different audiences.

ROH star Mike Bennett talked briefly about Davey Richards going to WWE. I'm pretty much ready for he and Edwards to make up their minds already. There hasn't really been any development in their possibly going there lately.

WWE will be running shows in Saudi Arabia for the first time ever in February. That will be an interesting experience. I wonder if there will be any restrictions on the Divas. I hope there's not an international incident, though part of me would love to see what kind of reaction a Zeb Colter promo would get.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.
The Iron Sheik gave his take on 2013 to MTV.com (NSFW). I wish I had a mustache like that. Sheiky needs to replace JBL on commentary. He not the real Legend like Iron Sheik.

WWE has signed Tommy Maclin of New Jersey's Monster Factory to a developmental deal. They're really expanding their "minor league".

Chris Jericho teased a WWE return on Twitter. I wonder what Triple H and Brock Lesnar about Jericho insinuated he's been the only unified champion before Orton. I'm sure the "smarks" ate his comments up, though. I really like Jericho and think he's an amazing worker, but I'm starting to think his reputation's a little inflated. Anyway, I haven't seen anything about Jericho coming back, though I'd be open to it.

There are reports of an incident between AJ Lee and Michelle Beadle at Tribute to the Troops after Beadle spoke to C.M. Punk, AJ's boyfriend. The story going around is Beadle used profanity when referring to Punk, with AJ confronting Beadle after the fact. Beadle talked to WWE officials after this confrontation, leading to heat on AJ. WWE is high on using celebrities, so some see this as a case of them taking Beadle's side for that reason. I hope this doesn't affect AJ too negatively.

Update: Beadle gave her side of the story on Twitter. Sounds like a misunderstanding blown out of proportion, which is the kind of a thing dirtsheets do. There was reportedly no profanity from Lee.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I do think two singles matches would be the better route. Either way, it's really time to pass the torch to Punk and Bryan as main eventers.

2. It's always a matter of where they think would work best for a particular show. They might change their mind on Summerslam in L.A. at some point, but as far as I know, they still want to run there for the foreseeable future.

3. I wouldn't be sad, but I think it could be a missed opportunity given his ability to speak multiple languages. I'm fine with Hunico in the role, personally.

4. To me, the match and feud should lead to the gimmick match. They shouldn't have gimmick matches just to have them or just to spice things up, because it makes them mean less. A "bonus" gimmick match here and there is OK, but having a PPV full of gimmick matches can really be overkill. Hell in a Cell used to mean a feud had really hit a point where it had to be settled. Now it just means WWE wants to try to get some PPV buys from a gimmick match.

5. I also hope WWE realizes what they have in Bryan. He's a featured performer, but he's not pushed as much of a big deal as he could be. They can't rely on the same top guys forever.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment