Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Smackdown Reax - 12/20/13

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown.

That was a really big opening segment, with a PPV-worthy main event being set. I hope now we can FINALLY, FINALLY shoot down the "Bryan's being buried/isn't being pushed as a top guy" BS that has persisted for months.

Ahh, Zeb. Never change.

Well, hey, at least they're getting behind someone new. I like Big E. Maybe not enough to be going over Swagger (or Sandow), but there are worse people they could be pushing.

I liked Brie vs. Tamina. There are some good workers in the Divas division.

Fine post-match to continue the never-ending Divas feud.

I liked Sin Cara vs. Drew McIntyre. The "new" Sin Cara's meshing well. I hope he continues to do good things.

Interesting match between Tensai and Clay to continue that angle. It's not my favorite angle ever, but I like it well enough so far. Where they go from here will be key.

Oooohh. Good tag match, though I'm a little concerned about the champions losing clean twice to two different teams after the big PPV match. It kind of negates how big of a defense that was. That said, I'd rather the team be working with the Wyatts than Rey and Big Show.

That was a nice segment with Bryan and the Wyatts.

I thought Miz was a heel again!? I'm so confused. I wasn't crazy about the segment between Miz and Sandow, but if they're going to have a character be upset about Christmas, it makes sense it would be Sandow.

Whoa! Sandow got a win! Didn't see that one coming. I don't see his "push" lasting, though.

I liked the Kofi/Fandango match well enough. Maybe Fandango's win will put him in contention for a  title? Otherwise, the match didn't have much purpose.

More fun with Bryan and the Wyatts. I can see them going at it for a while, with them trying to prevent him from winning the Rumble. It would make sense at least.

Nice continuation of Bryan being attacked.

It makes sense for Bryan to miss this one.

Good main event. The DQ ending didn't hurt anyone.

Pretty good ending. I'm fine with them giving Big E a chance to break out. He doesn't need to look like a "sustainable main eventer" yet. He just needs to get further in his career.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment