Total Pageviews

Friday, December 27, 2013

Superstars and Impact Wrestling Reax - 12/26/13

Read on for my take on yesterday's Superstars and Impact Wrestling.

Superstars:
That was a better match than I was expecting involving Aksana. She has her moments. I hope this is the start of a trend with her, because she's been looking replaceable lately.

I really liked Cesaro vs. Ziggler. Both men can do great things in the ring and I think either man could be a reliable player higher up on the card if WWE got behind them in that fashion. Cesaro's not a great talker, but I think he could still contribute.

Impact Wrestling:
That was a pretty crazy opening segment. I do think we're reaching a point where they're doing more to put heat on Dixie than on the wrestlers. That's a problem, since they're the bread and butter of the promotion.

I do like how they got to Storm and Gunner. The World Title being this important is great, and they've done a good job building these two fighting.

I can't say I'm super surprised that Storm and Gunner had a double countout. Their feud deserves to be settled at a bigger stage - Genesis, maybe?

Maybe Brooke spilling secrets about Bully Ray will get him to retire? Or at least disappear for a while? He had his big main event singles run. I think he can call it a night with his head held high. If he does come back in a few months, it should be as something fresh.

Nice promo from Magnus. I'm glad his title win is a big deal.

That wasn't an awful promo from Bully Ray. The music was a little weird, I think. That could have been a really good promo from someone with more range. Bully's heel act is a little too one-dimensional to really pull that off like some could.

Nice Joseph Park segment.

Even better Magnus promo. He's coming into his own well as a top heel.

Interesting stuff with the Carters and Spud. I'm just going to go ahead and call their faction Dixieland.

I'm ready for the next stage in the Park/Abyss angle. They've done a good job building intrigue to where it's going. It will be interesting to see if they pull the trigger on them being the same person or if they bring in a "new" Abyss as was planned at one point.

Did Sting just say "marking out"? Jesus. I feel like hardly anyone knows what that means, and those who do don't like companies using inside terms haphazardly.

That was a really nice match with Park and Bad Influence. After seeing a billion hardcore matches, it's nice to see one with more story to it than "let's just beat the hell out of each other until we get the call to 'go home.'" Is anyone else getting some Jesse and Festus vibes here? That's not a bad thing, either, as that gimmick was pretty fun for a while. I'm split on whether Abyss should destroy EY once he's officially "back". It's kind of weird for a monster to be buddy-buddy with someone.

Interesting to see where they're going with Hardy. If Sting leaves, I think Hardy and Angle are their two biggest stars.

Another good message from Magnus. I look forward to more from the new heel stable.

The Knockouts division is slowly but surely becoming rebuilt. I'd still like to see some shuffling of who's used, but I know it's still a work in progress.

That wasn't a bad Knockouts match. Then again, I wasn't expecting a lot.

Good post-match with Gail. She's doing well lately.

I liked the Sabin/Sky segment for setting up next week. I'm kind of ready for Velvet going back to wrestling.

I like how TNA has a running narrative going into a lot of their main events so they feel really important.

Cool little message to wrap up things with Magnus tonight.

Good segment to get heat on Dixie. I hope Sting and Hardy don't go over four younger talents.

Ehhhh. I'm not really crazy about Sting and Hardy looking that dominant against four guys. I can understand given how those four guys have been booked, and I don't think it should have looked like a Shield beatdown, but I think Sting and Hardy looked too strong despite being outnumbered. Especially if Sting's hanging it up next month.

That was mostly a good segment at the end of the show. I'm a little worried about how things will be affected with Hardy not being around for a couple of months (he's still under contract). If Sting leaves, TNA's really without some star power.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment