Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Smackdown Reax - 12/27/13

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown.

Cena's opening promo was so terrible I actually kind of liked it in a trainwreck way. He's definitely overexposed at this point, being on both major shows regularly. I mostly liked the rest of the segment for how relatively simple it was: heels and babyfaces fight. This sets up matches. It's not rocket science.

Somewhat of a squash match but that was a good match to start the show's action tonight. I still like both teams a good deal.

The Wyatt train keeps rolling on with the post-match.

I liked the Orton/Ziggler/Kane segment. I already prefer Kane to Vickie or Maddox. I wonder how long Ziggler will last in there with WWE's top heel.

Cesaro vs. Rhodes was good. The champions continue to be on the ropes despite their big PPV win. That said, if someone has to beat them, I'm OK with it being Cesaro and/or Swagger. I think both guys have their best years ahead of them (if Swagger doesn't get in any more legal trouble).

I really enjoyed PTP vs. Axel and Ryback. If Cody and Goldust were heels (and I'm not saying they should be), I wouldn't mind PTP taking the titles from them. They work together quite well.

I really liked Orton vs. Ziggler. I was set to complain about the Champion of Champions vs. a former World Champion not being the main event, but the match quality really made it worthwhile.

That was a good way to get heat on Orton. Ziggler continues to be the whipping boy, but he looked better here than losing to Fandango.

Good Shield promo, as is usually the case.

Good match between Bryan and Sandow. Both guys have some serious potential.

Bray's really scary at times. I like it. I hope they don't ruin him.

Wow. I like Langston, but I don't think he should be going over Ambrose that easy. Better than him being buried, I guess.

Good segment to set up the next match. It can be that simple.

HOLY SH- Roman Reigns just beat Henry clean! That's awesome for getting him over as a real threat.

Good post-match to keep things rolling. The idea of putting all three Shield matches together was clever.

That match was REALLY good. Wow. Both guys deserve credit there. I don't think losing to Cena really hurt Rollins, as he put up quite the fight and looked good in defeat.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment