Total Pageviews

Friday, December 20, 2013

WWE names overseas, Interview with Lita, WCW content update, Saudi Arabia reacts to WWE, Raw press, update on TNA in the UK, WWE meets bowling, Smackdown dark match, results from last show at FCW Arena and Questions on NXT performers, the WWE Network, Morgan-WWE, WWE stars jumping ship and a potential Mania match

Vince McMahon, Big Show, R-Truth, Eva Marie and Alicia Fox went to the Middle East to visit with troops. I imagine that footage will pop up shortly.

Lita talked about WWE 2K14. She was a great addition to what was then the women's division. I loves the entrance music, too. It fit with her personality and image.

WWE is planning an ongoing series of WCW-themed DVDs. That's pretty cool. There's actually a part of me that wants to see Goldberg and Sting at WM30.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

A Saudi Arabian journalist has attacked the idea of John Cena coming to the country. Thankfully it was tongue-in-cheek.

WWE's recent Christmas-themed Raw taping was covered. Poor Darren Young. I hope they do have Bo Dallas keep the gimmick of calling a town the wrong name intentionally. Some of that does sound dreadful. Be prepared for babyface wins.

TNA will be taping two episodes of Impact Wrestling on 1/31 when they're in the UK. I wonder how Magnus and Rockstar Spud will be received as heels in their home country.

C.M. Punk, Kofi Kingston, AJ Lee and Fandango were part of a celebrity bowling event. I wonder if Vince will try to do an XFL with bowling or a show on the WWE Network about it.

The dark match before the latest Smackdown taping saw Los Matadores defeat "Los Locales", Tyson Kidd and Ricardo Rodriguez in masks. It will be interesting to see what the future holds for the latter two.

Here are results from the last WWE developmental show at the FCW Arena. I'm sure a lot of the roster prefers working at Full Sail. Funny for Sasha's gimmick to use the stamp. I like what they did with Kalisto vs. Crowe. I've heard good things about Raquel Diaz, so I hope she delivers. Quite the crazy main event, but that was fine to end the FCW era. I do wonder where Zayn and Neville were, too. They're highly-touted. I hope Adam Rose has finally found his niche.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. It's always a shame to hear of someone being hurt so bad that they can't continue their career. Wrestling can be VERY dangerous. I hope everyone keeps this in mind when watching what people put themselves through in the ring (and outside of it).

Nothing to really add to 2. I'm glad WWE realizes how expensive their PPV offerings are, especially with so many of them in a year now.

3. I want to see it as well. I'd have him plow through some jabronies in the Rumble with the Carbon Footprint. Please, WWE?

4. I guess it's possible they decide they want to get paid a lot less and wrestle on a smaller scale. It's also possible a bunch of top NBA stars quit to go play for the Harlem Globetrotters or a bunch on NFL stars decide they'd rather play in NFL Europe, but that doesn't make it very likely.

5. How many times has WWE actually built a PPV match by doing something only a small part of the audience will ever find out about, especially for something like WrestleMania? Most wrestling fans don't read "dirtsheets" or care much about what happens behind-the-scenes. It's possible something gets worked out, but it's not a high likelihood because the situation wasn't a work.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment