Total Pageviews

Friday, December 6, 2013

Superstars and Impact Wrestling Reax - 12/5/13

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's Superstars and Impact Wrestling.

Superstars:
While Aksana did a good job with the "intangibles" here, her moveset is very basic. I feel like this far into her career, we should be seeing more from her. Performers with less experience have done better things.

You'd think there'd be better uses for the time on this show than recaps of other shows.

I liked the ring psychology here of working on the leg. All in all, another good match from these two teams.

Impact Wrestling:
They really hit all the right marks with that opening segment, selling how important the TNA World Title is and the matches involved. TNA moving to basic, straightforward storytelling is a great improvement.

That was a really good opening match. They told a really good story without needing to resort to a bunch of crazy bumps. In contrast to Gail and Taryn in their ladder match, this one was all about winning. I can't say I'd be too against Hardy as World Champion given how big of a star he is. TNA could use a boost right now, and he might be just the guy.

I liked the EC3 segment. Good character and a good talent. TNA needs more performers like him used in the right way.

Nice Dixie segment to set up something for later in the show. I feel like WWE can do a better job in this area.

That was a pretty good heat-getting segment for EC3. I say it again: "good" technical matches should not be the end-all, be-all for wrestling companies. At its core, wrestling's about faces and heels.

Am I the only one who wants to see TNA bring back Shane Sewell after that segment? I think that was a good angle they had. EC3's a bigger priority, though.

I really like the integration of video packages into things. The fact Hogan and Bischoff shot down the Impact365 idea says a lot about how fit they are to run a wrestling promotion in 2013.

I like the new Samuel Shaw character. Very Patrick Bateman-esque. The new creative team "gets it".

OK segment with Dixie to continue her angle.

I kind of expected Sting to go off into the sunset, so it'll be interesting to see where his character goes from here.

Hahaha. They're really self-aware with the Dixie character, having her bring up the most hated things in TNA history. But the point could really be made that doing intentionally dumb ideas isn't the best way to do business. Are they driving fans away with this approach, as suggested by recent ratings?

Looks like we're getting really close to the end of the Joseph Park storyline. I can understand why they're doing it. Pretty good segment to get heat on the heels. I like where this is going. I haven't cared this much about Eric Young in a long time.

Interesting stuff with Sting and Magnus. Are we going to get another match from them at some point?

Whatever gets delivered better be pretty big given how many segments we've had about it.

Good story told in the tag match. Gunner vs. Storm could be intriguing, though I wonder where things go from here with the tag team division.

Interesting stuff with Sting. I continue to wonder how much longer he's in the company. It's been kept really close to the chest what his status is going forward. But that's a good thing, because it keeps me following the story.

I wouldn't mind seeing Robert Irvine get in the ring. He could probably kick someone's ass.

Hahaha. Good stuff with Sabin and Velvet. Not too unpredictable, but funny nonetheless.

Really good stuff with Gail to keep her angle going strong. I like how they're setting things up with her.

Please tell me this angle wasn't just a setup for another match with ODB. She's terrible. This is a great time to bring in some new wrestlers to take the place of those who aren't carrying their weight.

It's taking a really long time to get this package...

That was an interesting finish to a high-intensity match. I'm taking something of a "wait and see" approach with the Magnus experiment. He's doing pretty well so far, though I don't know if he's ready to be THE guy in TNA. I'm willing to give him a chance, though.

I'm ready for Magnus vs. Hardy. They've done a good job building it. I'm glad the match gets some advance hype.

That Dixie segment was kind of silly and anticlimactic, but it made sense.

Good ending to the show. Magnus vs. AJ could be really good, and a battle of TNA originals (minus Styles' brief stint in WCW) to boot.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment