Total Pageviews

Friday, December 13, 2013

Superstars and Impact Wrestling Reax - 12/12/13

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's Superstars and Impact Wrestling.
Superstars:
I've definitely seen worse from Aksana. I mostly liked this match. I'm generally impressed by Kaitlyn's performances. I hope she gets back into the Divas' Title picture before too much longer.

I liked the tag match, even though we've seen it before. Both teams seemed pretty fired up. I definitely like these performances better than what we saw from Primo and Epico. They're really refreshed and that's great.

I've accepted Los Matadores as a goofy comedy gimmick, so I'm ok with the post-match. They haven't worn out their welcome yet, thank goodness.

Impact Wrestling:
I'm ready for the continuing AJ Styles/Dixie angle. It's been cool so far.

My body is SUPER ready for 2 out of 3 falls next week. I think Roode could look great even in defeat there. Either way, I think they should probably wrap up the feud there for the time being.

Hhhhmmmm... this is interesting with Joseph Park. They've managed to keep me hooked on what they're doing here. They could have wrapped it up some time ago, but I'm OK with it continuing a little longer.

That was a pretty cool ending to the match. I'm not hugely in favor of them sacrificing Daniels and Kazarian to put over Park/Abyss, but the story's been enjoyable and different.

I wonder where the angle goes from here. I hope they don't back out and pretend he's not Abyss after this.

EC3's one of my favorite characters in wrestling right now, though obviously I was a big Derrick Bateman fan and that probably carries over.

That's how you use Sting in 2013. Great way to build Feast or Fired and EC3.

Rockstar Spud's about to get rekt by AJ's bar friends, I think. Good segment. I like how TNA generally has some kind of running narrative through the night.

That was quite the clunky Knockouts segment. Yikes. I can't say I'm hugely excited to see Madison back, but TNA needs to stock up on talent right now. She does have experience working in TNA, and that counts for something.

I really hate using shoot names in segments. Theoretically, every other segment is just a fake wrestling segment because they don't use real names. Darth Vader didn't have to call Luke Skywalker "Mark" to get their story over...

I'm kind of amused by Spud's segments tonight. Obviously we're not getting a resolution to them until near the end of the show.

Interesting stuff with Gunner and Storm. It'll be interesting to see where they go with Feast or Fired.

LOLWUT. That was a really good segment to set up Hardy vs. Magnus. It definitely sounds like they're trying to do one of the most "lolTNA" gimmicks of all time. It's amusing, but I don't know if it added much to the match.

I like TNA having little segments to set up its future matches. WWE could take notes (though NXT does this I believe). Sabin's character has improved in 2013.

That was interesting between Spud and Styles. I guess Spud's a cowardly heel. I wanted him to at least put up a fight, but I can live with that.

That was a good enough match to declare a new champion. I'm glad the match had more story than "cool X-Division spots" for once. The performers need characters to connect with the audience.

Sabin turning on Velvet could be quite a segment. They've built it up well.

Nice segment with Sabin and Aries to sell Feast or Fired. I'm looking forward to that match despite the terrible gimmick.

Fine Magnus segment.

Good video for Final Resolution. I wonder if we're going to end up with Madison taking the title from Gail.

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOO. No more Bully Ray. That angle should be dead and buried by now.

Wow. That was a pretty good match. Much better than you'd expect given the goofy gimmick attached to it. Everyone worked hard. There was some pretty good storyline development as well. I don't see any way EC3 or Gunner get fired, and they just brought Zema back, so it looks like Chavo could be saying adios to TNA.

Good ending segment, but I doubt Hardy's turning heel.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment