Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Big Q&A before Impact, Sin Cara I update, Stone Cold in New Orleans, MVP-TNA update, Interviews with Bryan/Reigns/Hogan, HBK to appear, another gimmick match at Mania?, Impact audience and Questions on Stephanie the investor, Taker's contract, Bryan refusing the title, Orton's two belts and Samuel Shaw

"Big" John Gaburick, head of TNA Creative, will be doing a Q&A ahead of Impact Wrestling next week. That should be fun. I'm starting to legitimately think Vince Russo is back in the company with some of the crazy booking there. He is a noted fan of the Beautiful People gimmick.

The original Sin Cara intends to work under that name in Mexico. I'm sure WWE's legal department feels a little differently on the matter. I don't see how he'd be able to use that name at the same time WWE has a character with that name.

Stone Cold will attend the WWE Hall of Fame before WrestleMania. No word on if he'll be on the show itself. I'd put it at a pretty low chance of him getting back in the ring at any point.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

MVP is advertised for TNA Slammiversary, so he's presumably agreed to at least work through then. To the best of my knowledge, he has still not officially signed a contract and it's unknown how long he'll be working there.

Daniel Bryan had a number of interviews about his current standing in WWE: Between The Ropes Chad Duke's Wrestling Show It's really been something to watch the "Yes!" movement take hold in an organic way instead of WWE trying to make him their next top babyface.

Shawn Michaels will be making a media appearance to hype WrestleMania 30. No shocks there. Who would have thought Triple H and the New Age Outlaws would be working two WrestleManias SIXTEEN YEARS APART?

There's expected to be a stipulation added to the Divas' match at WrestleMania. As much as I love Paige, I don't think she should be a surprise entrant winning it. I really can't think of any gimmick the match "needs". The match is a pretty obvious choice as the "bathroom break" between big main events at Mania.

Roman Reigns talked about wanting to be WWE Champion and to break The Undertaker's streak. I think I actually would actually mark out if he did that. I respect the hell out of Taker's career, but I'm ready to move on to a new generation of stars.

THE HULKSTER TALKED ABOUT WRESTLEMANIA, DUDE. I'm pretty tired of him, too.

Impact rebounded to 1.16 million viewers this past week. TNA's numbers haven't been stellar lately.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. A WWE island would be pretty sweet. But yeah, I guess there was the concern of insider trading or something.

2. I see little-to-no chance of Taker leaving WWE any time in the near future (if at all). He has absolutely no incentive to as he has one of if not the absolute best deals in wrestling. Taker and Vince are incredibly close. So I don't think there's anything to the story.

3. The fans should try to jump the guardrails if that happens because it could very well be the worst booked ending to a match in wrestling history. That would effectively be spitting in the faces of fans who wanted him to actually win the title.

4. Not a bad theory at all! I actually like the visual of him holding both titles, but I think after Mania, HHH Bryan should just stick with one title. It would fit his humble character better.

5. Bully vs. Anderson has been over. Bully's now a face and feuding with Bobby Roode. The angle is definitely edgy and pushes some uncomfortable buttons (especially the suicide tease). I do think the idea is to get Shaw over instead of make some message about stalking.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment