Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Naomi note, TNA partner goes bankrupt, part-timers at Raw, WWE HQ guests, Interview with Reigns, WM30 note, latest on WWE Network and Questions on Del Rio, Bryan's push, predictability and firing Punk

Naomi's eyepatch is just to play up her injury. She's super-tough for continuing that match with Aksana.

TNA's UK DVD distributor has filed for the British equivalent of bankruptcy. They used to have the WWE license. I wouldn't put too much (if any) of the blame on TNA here. It does seem like God's got something out for them at times.

Brock Lesnar and The Undertaker are advertised for Raw. Hulk Hogan could be there as well. There's been less Hogan than I feared. Hopefully that's the case at Mania as well.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.
Former WCW announcer Tony Schiavone was at WWE HQ, likely in order to be interviewed for WWE Network/DVD material. I think he gets thrown under the bus for the "asses in seats" thing WAY too much. That was a Bischoff call.

Update: Ultimate Warrior also loaded WWE HQ with rocket fuel. No word on if the results were like the 2K14 commercial.

Roman Reigns talked ahead of a WWE live event. He comes across pretty well in interviews and has done well as the dark horse of the group. I think he adds something that Kassius Ohno wouldn't have in the role.

There will be a two hour pre-show for WrestleMania XXX. I think there's such thing as too much of a good thing, but I'm guessing some people are eating that news up.

WWE has announced its problems with the Network working on Xbox 360 have been resolved. WCW and ECW PPVs should now be available from the Vault.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. Rey Mysterio and Batista both come to mind. Oh, behind-the-scenes? Yeah, I also think he's been really misused. He's a very talented individual.

2. If it wasn't for Batista returning, I think we still could have ended up with Bryan going for the title. Maybe. I actually think Summerslam was a good start for a big story, but I can also see how that could have been his big moment. With Cena potentially out at the time, I saw it as them having something going on while he was recovering. Now I'm just glad fans got behind Bryan enough to him presumably getting that big win. I stand by my "end of WCW-level booking" comment if HHH goes over.

Nothing to add to 3.

4. Predictable isn't necessarily bad. They COULD turn Bryan heel and have him reform Evolution with HHH, Bryan and Orton. Who would have predicted that? Bryan needs to over clean here. Period. I do think there need to be some curve balls in narratives, but there need to be good reasons for them.

5. He's... ALLOWING them? Punk doesn't control what fans do in his absence, and a lot of them would probably keep hijacking even if he told them to stop. I agree with their analysis here, though I thought the slam at Bischoff was a little unnecessary.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment