Total Pageviews

Friday, March 28, 2014

Impact Wrestling Reax - 3/27/14

Read on for my take on last night's Impact Wrestling.
Eeeehhhhh.... I'm not too crazy about them already trying to break up Magnus and Abyss. There's also the question of how MVP can book Abyss when he "works for Magnus, not TNA," but maybe they'll address that later. It's clear we're in for Joe vs. MVP at any rate, which kind of sucks for Joe since he was getting a lot of momentum as a babyface. Is it unreasonable to think MVP will just feud with Joe and Angle before calling it a run? He's not under any kind of big contract.

And the clustermess continues. Hell of a promo from EY. I'm not sure how believable he is as a top face, but it's worth a shot. I hope we're not in for a crazy swerve where he becomes a surprise champion.

I'm OK with Bully as a face FOR NOW. I don't anticipate being excited for him for months on end. A lot can change between now and September, but his contract expiring then feels like the right time to wrap things up. Maybe a last feud at BFG if they work something out for an extension.

The Wolves vs. Magnus and Abyss should be good.

EC3 and Spud looking for Willow probably won't be as good...

I like EC3 and Spud, but this angle's not working for me.

It's pretty telling the TNA Champion isn't working the main event. Wow.

I was very impressed by the Wolves there. Magnus doesn't look strong at all as World Champ. I think both companies need a break from weakly booked top champs for a while.

Abyss must not be too motivated by Magnus' money if he's teasing going for the title. I wouldn't be surprised if this is all a swerve and Abyss helps Magnus win.

It feels like at this point TNA's pretty much given up and is just booking whatever they feel like. We've gotten a Beautiful People reunion and potential breakup within a month of Angelina returning.

Meh. Bully Ray.

Silly stuff with EC3, Spud and Willow. I liked the remark about ladders and Swantons.

I guess I liked the Roode/Bully segment OK.

I liked the Magnus/Abyss segment well enough, but in general I don't like the idea of tapping out being portrayed as an easy way out. It kind of opens the door for that to be abused a LOT.

Knux's angle is some pretty weird stuff.

Not sure if that just turned Madison face or what. I'm pretty much ready to give up with some of TNA's crazy booking. It really is reminiscent of late WCW with all the swerves and gimmick matches.

Good EY/ODB segment. I'm glad TNA's moved on from them as a comedy duo.

I wonder what kind of crazy swerve we're in for with King next week.

Not a surprise that Joe choked him out. EY put up a good fight, though.

Oh, boy! A clustermess finish! This is one of the biggest complaints people have with TNA.

Really creepy stuff with Christy and Shaw. I expect a crazy swerve here, too.

As far as crazy brawls with weapons and stuff go, that was pretty good. The feud's heated enough for there to be a hardcore match.

Yeah, I'm still not a big fan of Willow.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment