Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Interviews with former announcer/wrestling artist/Foley, former X-Division stars eat dinner with fan, live event note and Questions on Batista's heel turn, wrestling on Broadway, Rock and Austin at WM30 and Lei'D Tapa

Former WWE and AWA announcer Ken Resnick talked about how the WWE Network changes things and more. I definitely think talent should be paid residuals like they would if the content was shown on TV. Some interesting thoughts about the state of wrestling today. I think the beatdown of Bryan was designed to get more heat on HHH and such more than some kind of burial of Bryan.

Former TNA performers Jay Lethal and Sonjay Dutt ate dinner with a fan's family. That's actually really cool. 

Acclaimed wrestling artist Rob Schamberger was interviewed. He went all the way back to Hackenschmidt? That's dedication. I can just imagine what request he'll get for favorite wrestler. Someone please get him to do Moppy or Head or Puppet H or something.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Mick Foley talked about his big WrestleMania raffle and more. He's a pretty awesome guy. I'm buying the idea of Brie slapping Stephanie at WM30.

Titus O'Neil continues to get humbled at live events. First he loses to Darren Young in less than a minute via roll-up, then his open challenge is answered by Mark Henry. He eats a World's Strongest Slam in quick fashion. Bad News Barrett comes out as Henry's scheduled opponent, leading to a 2-on-1 beatdown of Henry. Young makes the save, leading to Titus taking another WSS for his third pinfall loss. I'm not one to throw out the word "buried" haphazardly, as I don't know what Management's feelings are about Titus at the moment. There might not be any kind of ulterior motive at all, just WWE deciding to use him to get comeuppance from fan favorites. I just think it's worth noting in case there is fire with this smoke.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I feel like the fans would cheer Flair more than boo Batista, so I don't see that working out for WWE. I'd just have them continue to play up the criticisms of him. He could demand respect for coming back since he's a "big movie star" now, bully smaller wrestlers and that kind of thing. He's pretty natural at getting under people's skin.

Nothing to add to 2. I have no plans to cover anything beyond WWE and TNA at this time, though it's possible I'll cover the new AAA project and whatever Jeff Jarrett has up his sleeve.

3. No mention of the Elaborate Entrance of Chad Deity? For shame.

4. Pretty much that. WWE does have Batista, HHH, Taker, Brock and Hogan as far as big names go.

5. Honestly I can't say I really blame them. I don't know if they could have gotten enough out of the feud to make it to Sacrifice given how limited Tapa is. The Beautiful People reunion angle has more legs to it than that feud.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment