Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Smackdown Reax - 3/7/14

Read on for my thoughts on Friday's Smackdown.
I really enjoyed the opening segment. They're doing a good job of feeding into how fans feel as it relates to Bryan and Batista. I'm not really crazy about Big Show being involved, but I can live with it. I had almost forgotten Vickie existed there are so many GM-like figures these days.

I liked Christian vs. Ziggler well enough. It feels like we're getting the same people in the same feuds, though. Ziggler vs. Del Rio just doesn't really excite me. Ziggler and Christian always work hard, so no complaints at what they did.

Sheamus vs. Christian again. Meh. They work hard, but it just doesn't seem like the feud really means much of anything. It's like WWE's playing musical chairs.

Good stuff from the Usos there. They continue to grow as a tag team. I hope they get a nice run with the titles.

I wonder where they're going with Kane for WrestleMania. It seems a bit like they're building up for the monster to come back out in full force. I really hope we're not in for another round of Kane vs. Big Show as that one's been done a LOT the past 15 years.

Good enough Divas match. I'm guessing we get AJ vs. Natalya for the title soon. I think I'd be OK with Natalya getting the big win at Mania.

Kind of a weird Shield segment. They do have a ways to go before Mania, so they're probably stretching out them breaking up for a little longer.

I liked Sheamus vs. Del Rio pretty well. We've seen them face off a lot, but the action's never really bad between them.

I'm really loving the Wyatts' messages for Cena. They're doing a great job not having Cena throw them under a bus.

Batista makes a very effective jerkass. Batista vs. Bryan should be quite the feud.

Good segment with Rusev and Lana. I wonder when Rusev will step into the ring.

I liked the Bryan/Big Show segment well enough. Show's kind of glomming off Bryan's popularity, but I guess Bryan did need a partner tonight to face Batista and Kane.

I think I'm getting to the point where I'd be completely OK with never seeing another Big Show match. I enjoyed the stuff with Bryan, but the day and age for stars like Big Show in main events is coming to pass.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment