Total Pageviews

Friday, March 14, 2014

#Shotsfired from UFC fighter, top TNA team not at tapings, TNA name working Wrestle-1 shows, more on WWE Network, when WWE will announce new TV deal, Orton does a good deed, Foley talks post-wrestling life, big WWE rumor and Questions on the WWE Network, the WWE Hall of Fame and turning Batista

UFC fighter Chael Sonnen tried to get viewers of TSN's Off The Record to call Stephanie McMahon's cell phone in reference to the C.M. Punk situation. TSN blurred her number as Sonnen held it up on a piece of paper. Sonnen has some balls pulling that. I want Punk back in WWE, but I'm not so sure that's the best way to get that to happen.

Bad Influence, Kazarian and Daniels, will not be at the current run of TNA tapings. The tapings will cover TNA TV through April 9, so we won't be seeing them for a while. There's speculation of both men leaving TNA when their contracts expire at some point next month. I think they really add something to TNA as a team and would hate to see them go.

Rob Terry will be working the next tour of Wrestle-1. I hope he's getting better over there.


The TNA X-Division Championship will be defended in Japan on March 22. That's pretty cool.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

WWE is continuing to add content from past years to the WWE Network. There's a LOT of stuff in the library for them to put up.


WWE is expected to announce its new TV deal by early May. TNA's got to be hoping they stay away from Viacom.

Randy Orton granted a Make-A-Wish. Always good to see someone so incredibly busy doing something like that.

Mick Foley acknowledged the physical toll wrestling has taken on him. I hope people remember that when cheering for big, destructive bumps.

For some reason, there's been a rumor going around of AMC Network purchasing or merging with WWE. There's not believed to be anything to it.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I think they might release numbers for shows doing extraordinarily well, but I don't guess they have to. It sounds like they'll focus more on the subscribers of the network as a whole.

2. WWE's preparing in case Ion doesn't re-up their deal. I can't say I blame them.

3. Sure! If that gets them more subscribers, I think it's a smart move. Just don't overdo it. Make them seem really special.

4. I don't know what the relationship is between the Steiners and WWE at the moment. I'd LOVE for Steiner to get an open mic at the Hall of Fame, but that could be a disaster waiting to happen. Sadly, it is pretty arbitrary who goes in each year.

5. I can't really blame WWE for turning him heel. It's more natural for him and sets Bryan up as the underdog babyface.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment