Total Pageviews

Friday, March 14, 2014

Superstars and NXT Reax - 3/13/14

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's Superstars and NXT.

Superstars:
I liked Del Rio vs. Sin Cara pretty well, but what the heck is Del Rio doing working Superstars? He's a former WWE and World Champion. There are rumors swirling online about him leaving WWE when his contract's up, but I haven't heard them from any credible source. It's certainly something to consider given his booking.

Ziggler vs. Fandango was quite the match! I think both of them are solid workers with nice chops as entertainers. But WWE has a group of people they're committed to keeping all over TV, so a whole plethora of stars are stuck under the glass ceiling. Would Ziggler and Fandango be Mania headliners? I wouldn't go that far, at least not yet. But I think there are a lot of performers who could go further if WWE gave them the chance.

NXT:
Good opening contest. Sasha's really improved since I last saw her and Paige is always on her A game.

Good post-match. This is much more interesting than the main roster Divas feud.

Cool stuff with Sami Zayn. I think he's got a good future.

I liked Mojo's segment.

I think the Ascension continue to get more fluid as a team. I don't think they're QUITE ready for the main roster, since things are already so hectic there, but they're certainly a team to watch for the future.

Ryan's not bad at all. He's working hard to improve. I think WWE has enough big, rough competitors on the main roster at the moment, but it's good to have Mason waiting in the wings.

I wasn't too crazy about the Divas segment, but I've certainly seen worse.

I liked Tyler Breeze's segment. I don't know if they should have had him attack Woods before the match, but I'm willing to see where they go with their feud.

Rusev was pretty impressive in squash fashion. If they use him right, I think he'll add something to the main roster.

I think Bo Dallas will be a nice addition to the main roster once they figure out exactly what to do with him. After WrestleMania season (once the part-timers leave), I'd like to see them give him a chance to show what he can do.

I liked the main event. Bo showed something of a mean streak there. Start the speculation about Drew mcIntyre after Bo used his finisher. I look forward to more from Bo at any rate.

More wresting coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment