Total Pageviews

Monday, March 10, 2014

TNA Lockdown Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Lockdown PPV.

TNA just jobbed out the TNA Originals to three people from another promotion. I can't say I'm surprised. At least Sanada's sticking around for a while as the champion. I wonder how much to read into Daniels taking the fall given his contract situation. I haven't heard of him renewing his deal set to expire next month.

Interesting stuff with Dixie, but there's no way they don't have Jeff Hardy tonight.

Pretty creepy stuff at the beginning of the match. Did we really just have a teased suicide angle!? Jesus.

Pretty lolTNA ending. I don't think that really did anything for either party. It does set up a rematch, but the ending felt overbooked.

Interesting segment with Team Roode. I see a Roode face turn tonight, which I think I'd be OK with. I enjoy him overall.

That was pretty funny from EC3. He's great in his role. I was very surprised to see Lashley pop up. I hope he delivers this time after so many seemingly false starts.

Kenny King's a talented guy, so I hope this gimmick takes him further than his previous run.

I liked Magnus' promo. I got a kick out of him "doing everything on his own" given all the interferences in his title matches.

Impressive athletic maneuvers in that one. For our mandatory highspot exhibition of the night, they nailed it.

I liked the pre-match brawl to differentiate this cage match from the others. That's necessary when every match has a gimmick.

That was good as far as really physical matches go. They told a good story. I didn't like the chair being thrown in Gunner's face, though. It feels like performers take too many unnecessary risks to be hardcore these days.

Fine MVP/Wolves segment. I'm guessing we get some crazy spots in that match.

I liked Rayne vs. Kim well enough. I'm getting kind of worn out with cage matches at this point.

I'm really ready for Joe vs. Magnus. They've done a solid job building this one up.

Kind of a hokey ending there. The action was really good, but that brought it down some. Hopefully where they go from here makes up for that.

Meh backstage segment. I don't see why Abyss should join Dixie's group, but maybe there's a reason.

Maybe Jeff Hardy will come out from that hole Abyss was in?

I felt like TNA really tried to throw too much into one match there. There was a LOT going on with the whole show - Lashley returning, Abyss returning as a heel, Willow, Bully Ray returning and presumably returning face. The action was almost always good; it just felt like they were focusing more on big spots, surprises and swerves than anything else.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment