Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Main Event Reax - 3/4/14, Query on Rhett Titus-WWE, Dory remembers Billy Robinson, more from MVP, live report from Chicago Raw, Raw visitor, NXT stars on the road, Interviews with Shield/Foley/Big E, new WWE signing, former TNA Creative member speaks, Raw reactions, WWE appearances, football star to WWE?, update on Main Event and Questions on NXTizing WWE, watching PPVs on the Network, Super Bowl vs. WrestleMania and fans walking out of WM30

Main Event:
I still crack up seeing Kane wrestle in his current outfit. It's definitely a new take on the character.

I really enjoyed Bryan vs. Kane. I would like for Bryan to get a major win over Kane before facing HHH at Mania, preferably via submission, to sell him as a major threat. Especially since HHH is treating him as something of a non-issue.

Looks like I'm going to be covering Main Event on Tuesdays now. I can see them moving it if Smackdown gets placed on a Tuesday. That's a LOT of wrestling between Monday and Tuesday.

More selling of Bryan as a non-threat. Kane might have just lost to a former multiple-time WWE and World Champion, but the guy who beat him is just some lucky chump.

That was kind of an odd segment in the tag team title situation. I'm guessing the goal was to prolong the feud without NAO wrestling tonight. Thankfully this gives some more build to the rematch so it means more. I wouldn't be surprised to see a feud-ender at WrestleMania, maybe even a multiple-team match with Cody/Goldust and Ryback/Axel.

I liked the tag match well enough to continue to establish the Usos. I hope they do get a chance to show what they can do as champs.

I wasn't too crazy about the ending, but it was what it was. WWE likes their silliness. I'm guessing we get NAO vs. Los Matadores and THEN we get the tag title rematch? There's no telling. I'd be fine with that. I just don't want them to stretch out NAO's run too much longer. I feel like we've passed the sweet spot of nostalgia.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.
First up, a query:
1. I haven't heard any kind of update on Rhett Titus being signed to WWE. I'd imagine if they wanted him, they would have signed him by now. Him working at recent ROH events seems to indicate he'll be staying there for the time being.

WWE Hall of Famer Dory Funk, Jr. wrote about Billy Robinson passing away. Very tough individual.

Update: WWE.com quoted William Regal in a story about his passing. I would have liked a longer article, but it was a nice piece for its length.

More from MVP's recent interview about TNA has been released. TNA seems like a new company to a degree with the new creative team. They deserve some props. Things aren't perfect, but I think they're improving.

A live report from a very pro-Punk Chicago crowd has been released. I do think it's important to viewers at home to be able to hear the promos, so editing out the crowd noise to a degree is forgivable. Glad Show got booed a lot.

The former Victoria/Tara was visiting at Raw as she lives in Chicago. I think I'd be OK with AJ vs/ Victoria at Mania. Really I'm dying for anything more special than the current feud at this point.

NXT's Aiden English and CJ Parker traveled with the main roster this week. No word on any plans to call them up or anything. I'm not incredibly familiar with either talent. At least not enough to say if they're ready for tryouts or anything.

Two-thirds of The Shield were interviewed before Raw. This might be one of the last times we see them together as allies.

WWE has picked up independent talent Drake Younger. He will finish up his current indy dates and is expected to be at the WWE Performance Center by early May. He's 29 years old and has more than 500 matches under his belt, so I think he's got some good things going for him. WWE's really improved in the quality of their signings under HHH.

A former member of  TNA's PR team gave insight into the current WWE fan malaise. I'd recommend going out of your way to read this since it's coming from someone who's been "in the trenches", i.e. not just another disgruntled fan's opinion. I think he's got a lot of notable points. I remember the Chris Sabin angle. A lot of good it did for them to throw him under the bus in favor of Diesel.

Jim Ross talked about Billy Robinson passing, Raw and more. WWE really edited the crowd noise to keep the Punk fans from making too much of a fuss on the air.

ESPN Radio looked at Raw. That's pretty cool.

A B A Star rally with The Usos, Cameron and more was covered. I hope The Usos go really far as a team.

A potential NFL draftee talked about the possibility of going into wrestling if that doesn't work out. I hope he knows what he's in for.

Raw did 4.58 million viewers on Monday, a fantastic number.

Mick Foley talked about Daniel Bryan and more. He's an enjoyable person to hear from most of the time. He usually knows how to work humor into things while still getting his point across. I also like how he doesn't go out of his way to put himself over in interviews.

Big E was interviewed. It's a shame they can't stop to enjoy the scenery more. I think it'd reduce burnout.

Main Event will now be airing on Tuesdays on the WWE Network, a day before it appears on TV. I'm sure Ion's thrilled about that.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I do think there are some solid concepts done in NXT that they could take note of for the main shows, but ultimately I do feel WWE isn't exclusively about putting on awesome wrestling matches. More video packages and characterization? Yes. Better stories? Yes. But they could tone down some of the actual in-ring stuff and still be good.

2. I've been much too busy with school and work to watch any past content. I hardly have enough time to follow the current stuff!

3. The Super Bowl is a lot more respected by the nation at large than "fake wrasslers on steroids", so... yeah. Both beat the XFL Championship Game.

Nothing to really add to 4, other than there's always a lot of spin when PR's involved.

5. If you were expecting "Vince McMahon would come out and ensure the fans that Daniel Bryan will face the winner immediately after the match", I hate to bust your bubble. They MIGHT change things around booking-wise, but I think we're still getting Orton vs. Batista in some fashion. Those people should stay and boo those two/chant for Bryan instead of leaving. Especially given the ticket prices.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment