Total Pageviews

Friday, March 28, 2014

Future WWE tryout profiled, Interviews with Tito/Hogan/Roman/Henry/Y2J, former WWE Champion returning, unsurprising WWE release, more on Coach, New Jack on the Network, Questions on WWE age limits, the WWE Network, Make-A-Wish and the Freebirds

College football player Gunner Miller will be trying out for WWE in June. I wish him the best.

Tito Santana talked about his time in WWF. I wonder what he thinks of Los Matadores.

Hulk Hogan did his shill thing on ESPN2. It's not the 30th anniversary of WrestleMania. That's next year.

Rob Van Dam will be returning to WWE shortly. He's usually a pretty enjoyable competitor when he's motivated.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

WWE officially announced the release of the original Sin Cara, without acknowledging him as the original Sin Cara. Needless to say the two sides aren't best friends right now. He'll likely be working AAA from here on out. It's unknown what gimmick he'll use, since WWE owns the Sin Cara trademark.

Jonathan Coachman could be returning to host a show on the WWE Network. That'd be great!

Roman Reigns talked about his path to WWE and more. I much prefer him as Roman Reigns than Samoan Wrestler #76. I admire his confidence in being a big deal in WWE someday.

Hulk Hogan shared his memories of the "Macho Man" Randy Savage. Savage was definitely a very high-intensity individual and a workaholic. It's a damn shame he's not in the WWE Hall of Fame.

Mark Henry talked about the remainder of his WWE run and more. He's got a great philosophy about what to do with anger. That Vince McMahon story was hilarious. The interviewer had some good questions in the second half of that interview. Henry definitely belongs in the Hall of Fame. I do think  Vince wants people to stand up to him to a degree. WM32 would indeed be a great place for him to hang it up. Ditto for Taker.

WWE has added New Jack matches back to ECW PPVs with a new in-house track and new commentary from Joey Styles. So, they were able to work his footage in. I didn't see them paying for the rights to the music, so this is about the best compromise we could have had.

Chris Jericho talked about the C.M. Punk situation and more. I'm glad he's able to be successful without wrestling. I like his thoughts about Punk. It's really a shame that improvising is something of a lost art. Not everyone can do it, but I don't think it should be "banned".

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. Paige is absolutely a great competitor, but I can see why WWE would hold off on putting someone so young on the main roster. Hopefully it's not too long before we see her mix it up as a WWE Diva.

2. I also think WWE will EVENTUALLY put up pretty much anything they think people will want to watch. Maybe even the XFL(?)

3. I hope Warrior had a good reason. I can't be the only one who wants to see Vince McMahon fire a doctor or something for a Make-A-Wish kid. You know he wants an excuse to be "Dr. Heiney" or something again.

4. As far as I know they could, but I don't know if they actually will. I'd think it has more of a chance than the XFL for what that's worth.

5. That would make sense. Does the Freebird rule mean they all can defend their Hall of Fame status?

More wrestling tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. It's funny you mention Jonathan Coachman. I remember back when I was 18 and I saw this segment and thought Coachman had that role that was "a successful fixture of the company in the worst ways" when he was with the company. He played that "stooge" role very well. Check out this clip here and it should bring back some memories. Hard to believe this was almost eight years ago!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgAH4SC-0Xs

    ReplyDelete
  2. He definitely played his role really well. I could actually see Otunga being in a somewhat similar role as a stooge who's the butt of many a joke. William Regal was also a favorite of mine in that role.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He was always a classic stooge. What were your thoughts on that clip of DX "hunting down" Coachman and also this clip?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTAVYTN4PpU

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think at the time I probably complained about older wrestlers and non-wrestlers taking up TV time, but I generally enjoyed some of those skits.

    I don't know if you caught the "Where are they now?" WWE.com did on Coach, but Rock doing his shtick on him actually helped his name get out there. Rock was generally pretty entertaining, but it could have been me being younger that did it for me because I wasn't nearly as crazy about some of his stuff vs. Cena.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have the link to that segment? I always found the Coachman/Rock segments to be hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's the WWE.com piece with a number of big Coach moments. The skit with Rock is on Page 2. http://www.wwe.com/classics/wherearetheynow/where-are-they-now-jonathan-coachman-26195731

    ReplyDelete