Total Pageviews

Friday, March 7, 2014

Superstars and NXT Reax - 3/6/14

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's Superstars and NXT.

Superstars:
Titus vs. Ryder wasn't bad. I think both members of PTP are still finding themselves after the split. Titus is good with the "intangibles" like taunting, but I'm not so sure about him as an in-ring competitor. What made PTP work was how they covered each other's weaknesses. At any rate, it was good to see Ryder get some offense. I miss seeing him on the main shows.

I was impressed by Los Matadores here. They've really turned things around from the Primo/Epico days. Axel and Ryback continue to seem like something of an odd fit as a team. They're getting better, but I don't feel like this is a long-term thing for them.

Ugh. More WWE humor. I'm a little surprised they "went there", but they probably don't care since I doubt many people watch Superstars.

NXT:
I guess it made sense to start off the new champ's reign with a squash match. It was nice seeing Camacho again. He seems to have improved. I'm not a huge fan of Neville so far compared to the other 5,000 high-flyers who've been in WWE and TNA over the years. I don't know what he's missing, but he just doesn't come across as a big star to me. Thankfully he's still very early in his WWE career and has room to grow.

That was a good enough promo from Neville and Bo's always entertaining in a goofy way since adopting his current gimmick. Neville moved up some in my eyes after that one. I look forward to the rematch.

Oooohhhh. Good stuff with Emma and Charlotte. They set up stories and feuds really well in NXT.

I liked the Paige/Charlotte segment as well. I wonder how far along Charlotte is in the ring.

That was nice! I like what Charlotte's doing from what I've seen tonight. A nice take on the "dirtiest player in the game" gimmick. I do wonder if the short match was to cover Charlotte's shortcomings, but  she's in NXT to learn and improve.

Good Zayn interview. I hope he does really well in WWE.

I like Corey Graves. I definitely see the Devil May Cry/Dante comparison. I'm intrigued by him as a character, which is his goal.

I thought that was kind of a weak ending (when was the last time sending someone into the ring steps took them out for a ten count?), but I thought the booking itself was clever. Not everyone needs to get over via having really great matches.

That was a cool segment with Zayn and Graves. This show feels a lot fresher and newer than seeing Taker, Hogan, HHH etc. in top spots.

I'm willing to give Adam Rose a chance. I'm not really sure what they're going for here given his past gimmicks, but I'll let it play out a little more.

Funny nod to Xavier's previous ring name. I look forward to his match with Rusev.

Eeeehhhh... I think Rose still needs some polishing. There might be something there, but it's not fully realized yet.

I liked Zayn vs. Graves pretty well. I think the match could have been better, but there's some definite potential in both men. Keep an eye on Zayn in particular.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment