Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 16, 2014

JR vs. WWE undercard, Sting Q&A and Questions on Lashley-TNA, WWE's TV home, ROH on PPV, AWA on the Network and tape libraries

Jim Ross took a swipe at members of the WWE undercard in his latest blog. Being part of a 30-man cluster#$*@ is still being on the card at WrestleMania and will be a nice boost to paychecks. Of course, with that many people in the match, they're all sharing the spotlight and wouldn't get the same pay as someone in a one-on-one top match.

Sting answered a number of questions. Just imagine the paycheck for Sting vs. Taker. It's pretty cool he's willing to work with WWE. He deserves a Hall of Fame nod at the least. Interesting for there to be no mention of any TNA matches as his favorites, though I can't say I'm too surprised. I really need to watch Ready to Rumble again...

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.
For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. It's a swerve!!!! I don't know what's going on with Lashley in IGF, but he's been figured into TNA's plans going forward. I haven't seen any objections from IGF to him working there, so for now I'm assuming he's in the clear.

2. Honestly, it doesn't make a big difference to me which channel I watch WWE on. I want them to be wherever works out best for everyone involved. I definitely don't want TNA to lose a TV slot, as they're currently rebuilding and righting the wrongs of the Hogan/Bischoff era. Why would I root for there being one fewer place for talented wrestlers to work on national TV?

3. Things are definitely moving away from the traditional PPV model, but there's still money to be made there. There's an easy joke to be made about ROH and "selling", but I'll pass this time. I think it's good for there to be options for people to watch wrestling and for people in the companies to make money.

4. I agree with the idea of too much content too early being overwhelming for both fans and servers. WWE will eventually roll out more and more content for the Network.

5.

"I would like to take this opportunity to point out that just because someone is from Port-O Rico, that doesn't necessarily make them a REAL AMERICAN. Look at the names this man has for his family members: Carlito. Primo. Epico. I don't know if I'm reading from a phone book or the menu at Taco Bell. We the people are not going to stand for this man going into the Hall of Fame before a true legend and a true PATRIOT like "Dirty" Dutch Mantel."

But seriously, that's a pretty logical conclusion to draw from WWE putting Colon into the Hall of Fame. It should certainly be considered!

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment