Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Interviews with Cabana/Kelly/Rhodes/DiBiase,Jr./Striker, WWE PPV updates, Foley talks Raw, WWE to buy new library?, TNA tapings update, new Network shows?, the history of NXT and Questions on Styles-TNA, Hogan, ROH and the new WWE logo


Colt Cabana talked about some WWE topics in a recent interview mostly about his upcoming indie work. I definitely would have liked to have seen him get a legit shot in WWE. He's quite entertaining. If Santino, Eugene and Hurricane can have a spot, I don't see why Colt can't.

The former Kelly Kelly talked about her WWE run. She certainly improved during her time there and became pretty successful. I don't think I'd be against her coming back.

Dish Network will not be carrying WrestleMania 30. DirecTV and inDemand PPV will both be carrying the event, but it might be the last WWE PPV they air. WWE really took a gamble here, so I hope it pays off. It does look like we're moving into a post-cable/post-satellite world.

WWE's doing a two-hour pre-show for WrestleMania in order to use part of it to push fans to go to the Network. I'm sure there will be a lot of mentions of using the WWE App!

Everything else from Thursday is after the break.






Mick Foley discussed the big beatdown of Daniel Bryan on Raw. It was certainly quite intense and I can see how some thought it was too much. I can also see how it can be said to have sold the match for WM30. Either way, I hope we're not in for HHH stopping the momentum of another potential top player.

Cody Rhodes talked about bringing back his version of the Intercontinental Championship and more. I think his breaking away from being like his dad was definitely critical to his success. If and when there comes a time for him to really turn heel, after the angle with Goldust is over and he's stuck in a losing streak or something, I'd really love to see the mask come back. Make it the same but different. The masked gimmick is when I first really saw him as standing out. I think Cody vs. HHH could work down the line. They definitely shouldn't rush into it.

Ted DiBiase, Jr. talked about his WWE days. That's actually a really touching read and I'm glad he's at a better place now. His post-WWE work sounds truly inspiring.

WWE is in talks to buy footage from Carlos Colon's World Wrestling Council. So, one day that could pop on the WWE Network!

Matt Striker gave a good, long interview. He's a great guy.

TNA continues to look into taping Impact in the Northeast. The Hammerstein Ballroom is a definite possibility. I'm sure they'd LOVE to crap all over anything TNA tries there.

WWE put out some ideas for reality shows for the WWE Network. I'd have to see some of them in action before I could make much of a decision. I feel like guys like Orton and Cena are already extremely loaded up with work and this should be saved for some of the lesser-used stars as an opportunity to show what they can do.

WWE.com has an oral history about the original run of NXT. Y2J's first quote definitely sounds like Vince! I think he was very helpful to Barrett at that time. Kaitlyn has barely been signed when she made it there, so I can see how it was quite a whirlwind. Putting Miz with Bryan was indeed genius. Y2J was dead on about the talking challenge. Improvisation is key! I think AJ and Kaitlyn did really well showing off their personalities on Season 3. They were a constant highlight of the show. I miss Maxine a lot as well. She was fantastic on Redemption. Kaitlyn needs a comedy show...

For my take on Thursday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. It was reported that there was hope he'd be back at Lockdown at one point, but it really looks like he's in a different place right now. Really it's best for both parties he's gone from TNA for a while. It was time for something to change.

Nothing to add to 2. I'm definitely not an indie guy.

3. I do think there's something to him doing everything he could to make TNA move the ratings mark and clearly it didn't work. I certainly feel like he works best as the '80s character. Sometimes I feel TNA tries to be too edgy or what have you. Hogan works best as the PG character these days.

4. Ultimately ROH needs to make money and the TV show's a big part of that.

5. WWE will definitely want to make their championships match the new logo at some point. It was past time to move on from the spinner championship. Personally I'd like to see them debut a title with the new logo after Triple H Daniel Bryan wins it at WrestleMania.

More wrestling later in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment