Total Pageviews

Monday, March 31, 2014

Interviews with Piper/Davey Richards/Lita, Sorensen update, Impact lineup, upcoming WWE signing?, more Nick guests, Samoa Joe note, Network news and Questions on the WWE HoF, Bryan vs. HHH and Willow

Roddy Piper talked about a number of WWE topics. It's a shame WWE isn't currently set on featuring him at WrestleMania.

Davey Richards was interviewed about a TNA live event. Damn, TNA. They couldn't have just done Eddie Edwards vs. Robbie E in a singles match or something and have Davey get married the day he planned to? I understand the value in booking him, but he probably had that day picked out in advance specifically because he wasn't booked then.

Jesse Sorensen teased a return to TNA. I don't know if they'd be willing to take the risk of him wrestling again.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Set for Impact Wrestling:
- TNA World Championship: Magnus vs. Abyss vs. Samoa Joe vs. Eric Young
- The Beautiful People vs. Madison Rayne and Brittany
- Straitjacket match: Mr. Anderson vs. Samuel Shaw
- First of a best-of-3 series: Sanada vs. Tigre Uno
- MVP vs. Kenny King

I'll defend the gimmick match of Anderson vs. Shaw given the feud. I pitched something similar here when AJ was feuding with Kaitlyn. I'd be hypocritical to dismiss it here. I'm not generally a fan of face vs. face feuds, especially with two people the fans have been barely introduced to. I'm guessing the goal is to just get them over as good wrestlers. King's new gimmick reminds me of MVP's WWE run, so that one makes sense.

Prince Devitt is booked in a "loser leaves NJPW" match next week, prompting speculation of him being WWE-bound. Needless to say this has people pretty excited.

Lita talked about going into the Hall of Fame. They have to have some kind of segment with AJ and Lita at Mania.

The Bella Twins were with John Cena at Nickelodeon's Kids' Choice Awards. No surprise there.

Samoa Joe was given a night off from physically competing after being banged up at a live event. He's expected to return to the ring shortly. I'm not sure I'm crazy about him potentially turning heel to feud with MVP. I was hoping he could be TNA Champion coming out of Slammiversary. Things could still go that way.

WWE is offering a make-good due to a credit card issue with mobile devices. That's great of them.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I think there have been some nice moments where people were inducted close to their retirement. I could see things getting more democratic in the future, sure.

2. I think I could live with that. There have definitely been worse pitches here!

3. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Jeff's idea. He played a similar character years back but has never done it in "the big leagues". I like them shaking things up with Jeff, but this character and it's booking I'm not really a fan of.

4. I don't think they need to tie up that loose end, personally. Bryan should get his own moment in the sun without the retired HBK.

5. I really don't see it happening. WWE's not THAT clueless about what fans want.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment