Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Smackdown Reax - 3/28/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown.

I really liked that opening segment! I guess some of it could be marking out for the nostalgia of their post-Evolution feud, but I really enjoy Batista as a heel. He's very natural at getting under people's skin.

I liked the opening tag match a good deal! I can't believe I'm down with The Shield as babyfaces, but they're doing a heck of a job. Talented chaps, for sure.

Good segment with Kane to set up the next match. It's really funny to see the former DX members in suits given their famous shtick.

Another impressive match by The Shield. They're almost at a different level than some people on the roster. I hope we get more where these guys came from.

Not a bad post-match at all. I look forward to a big babyface win at Mania for The Shield. I don't see anyone really wanting to see much more from NAO. If they want to build Kane strongly as a heel, he could fire them after losing at Mania and then physically destroy them. They're currently not advertised for anything after the 4/7 Raw, so writing them off on that night makes sense.

Ehh... I wanted a longer match between Cara and Sandow. I frequently defended the original Sin Cara as someone who could one day overcome the botches, injuries, etc., but clearly my optimism didn't really pay off. Hopefully Hunico takes the gimmick to a really high level. Also, no Sandow promo about Scooby Doo? That would have been awesome!

Surprisingly I thought that was a pretty good promo from Big Show. I'm usually not a fan of him, but I'll give him props there.

I liked Fandango vs. Goldust well enough. I was surprised to see Fandango win. Then again it doesn't seem like the match will mean much of anything.

I liked Sheamus vs. Batista pretty well. I like to see two big powerhouses have a rougher style sometimes. There's certainly room for smaller and quicker performers doing more technical stuff, but that doesn't mean wrestling needs to move completely away from matches like this.

I love heel Batista because he straight up DOES NOT GIVE A #*$%.

Bray Wyatt is the gimmick I've been waiting for for seemingly a LONG time. There's a reason he's getting a push while so many great athletes who can do amazing things don't go very far. There are dozens if not hundreds of flippy indy guys; there aren't nearly as many Bray Wyatts.

I liked the Divas tag match OK. I always mark out for the vest-throwing spot for whatever reason. This match actually moved the story along, so it gets a pass from me.

I have a soft spot for these Santino/Emma segments. They're definitely more entertaining than some wrestling relationships (EY and ODB immediately come to mind). I enjoy both performers.

I liked Swagger vs. Uso. Swagger had some pretty fun heel moments. I miss the Swagger Soaring Eagle...

I'm not surprised at all Henry won that one. I don't think we needed an upset there. Not a bad match at all for building to the Andre battle royal.

YYYYEEEESSSSS!!!! Sure, it was a dirty win, but Bray Wyatt just pinned the Big Show. There is at least some justice in the world tonight.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment