Total Pageviews

Friday, March 28, 2014

Superstars and NXT Vengeance Reax - 3/27/14

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's Superstars and NXT Vengeance.
Superstars:
I wish it would have gone on longer, but Summer Rae vs. Emma was a breath of fresh air in the Divas division. It could just be that I haven't seen them face off in dozens of meaningless matches, but I also think they work together well and Emma has some great intangibles.

Not a bad tag match by any means. I don't really see much reason to be hyped for Woods, but I'm glad he's getting experience working the main roster.

NXT:
I'm not really feeling Mojo at this point. He's still got a ways to go. Everyone's got to start somewhere, though.

Parker's growing on me as an antagonist.

Graves vs. Zayn could be pretty special. I've liked what I've seen from both so far.

Breeze vs. Woods was good. Both men are coming along rather nicely. Keep an eye on them.

I love Bo. He's just inherently punchable. He reminds me a lot of Miz early in Miz's career where he's being featured a lot against fans' wishes and they're finally playing to that with him being intentionally obnoxious.

I liked Graves vs. Yoshi well enough. There's SOMETHING missing with Corey as an in-ring talent as far as him being ready for a singles run on the main roster, but he's got everything else down pretty well. I liked him teaming with Adrian Neville since they could both cover for each other.

Good post-match.

I was impressed with Charlotte there. More experience would definitely help, but she's got something worth paying attention to.

Not a surprising post-match to keep Natalya strong.

Adrian just doesn't strike me as a particularly interesting character. Then again, maybe it works for him to be something of the foil for some of the more wacky characters in NXT. Hopefully he'll keep growing with the intangibles.

I like how NXT sets up matches for future weeks. This is something the main roster could do a better job of.

I was pretty impressed by that match. Dallas' in-ring instincts are improving. Neville continues to feel like every other high-flying indie guy, but he's growing on me to a degree. Right now I unfortunately don't see him as someone poised for a big role on the main roster like others seem to.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment