Total Pageviews

Friday, April 11, 2014

Impact Wrestling Reax - 4/10/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.
The gauntlet match is a big opportunity to build someone up to face Magnus. If the Joe thing's not an angle, Willow or Abyss would make the most sense.

That was a pretty good moment for Eric Young. I think it says more about TNA's lack of roster depth than how great Young is that he won here, but I'm willing to give him a chance to show what he can do as a main eventer.

EY vs. Magnus isn't a particularly exciting match for me personally, but maybe they'll add something special to it.

Either TNA's desperate to pull in a rating tonight or there's something up with Magnus. This main event's coming out of nowhere.

Willow is becoming increasingly lolTNA for me. They'll let Jeff do just about anything he wants apparently. I wonder where they're going with Dixie. I hope it's something cool.

I'm really confused with who's face and heel here with the BP cheating against Gail. Sometimes I wonder if it's even worth trying to analyze TNA, because it seems like a lot of people care more about TNA's creative direction than the people actually booking it.

I couldn't care much less about Angelina vs. Madison personally. I feel like the BP gimmick peaked the first time and this is just coasting off something that worked previously.

I hope they don't do something stupid to reverse the ending of Lockdown. Dixie as president is another angle that needs a break before they bring it back.

I'm down with that stipulation for the tag team title match.

Ahhh... Magnus vs. EY. I just can't take that seriously as the match for the top title in the No. 2 promotion in the country. Magnus is just now being built as a main eventer (and a weasel of one at that) and EY's a very sudden arrival to that top plateau.

I'm OK with Dixie being used to elevate Roode, but I think he's pretty much good enough to make it as a top heel without her. They're doing something new with Bully Ray by making him a face, but he's still the same performer. I've seen him do his shtick for 15 years and I feel like I've seen pretty much everything he's got to offer.

Ehhh... Not too crazy about the Magnus/Dixie segment. That was a letdown of a use for her.

LOLTNA. Holy #*$% Russo has to be back with all the complicated angles and finishes.

I'm guessing Christy's going to pull one over on Shaw. Or something. I guess they can do another gimmick match at Sacrifice between Shaw and Anderson.

That was a pretty cool segment with Shaw, Christy and Anderson. I do think this one needs to be wrapped up before too much longer, but this was nice to continue things.

I hope Willow doesn't beat both men next week, but I wouldn't be too surprised if he does.

Definitely didn't see that one coming! The match itself was pretty good, but this felt like one of those 11th-hour booking decisions. It will get people talking, but is this the right way to go? TNA might just be getting desperate after all the departures and there not being any kind of guarantee of them still having a TV home come October.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment