Total Pageviews

Friday, April 4, 2014

Impact Wrestling Reax - 4/3/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.

Starting with a tables match is a pretty serious ordeal. It's like the kid who wants to have three desserts and no vegetables.

Well, there's no question of Willow not being Jeff Hardy now! The match was pretty chaotic with the Spud interference and all, but I liked Roode getting one over on Bully. Spud is really growing on me as a comedy character.

Damn! Roode made a statement there. I hope Bully sells that for the rest of the night. I'm looking forward to Bully vs. Roode at Sacrifice (presumably). I wonder what kind of stipulation they'll have. They definitely need to top this for the PPV to be special.

Funny stuff from King. I like him.

I hope we're not in for a crazy swerve with Magnus and Abyss tonight.

They didn't waste any time with King and MVP, did they? Geez.

I liked the Shaw/Anderson promo as odd as it was. I expected something different from Shaw's end, but I can live with it if he recovers from here.

Thank goodness Shaw won there. I was expecting them to kill his momentum for the cheap babyface win. I still want Christy to turn heel and join Shaw at some point. That could get big heat.

Ehhh.... I'm not too big of a fan of the Beautiful People as I don't see much reason for Velvet to have turned heel after the Sabin angle.

That was a good promo from EY. He's growing on me as a serious character.

Awesome King and MVP segment! I'm already sold on King as someone to watch from here on out.

Mehhhh.... I'm not generally a fan of random matches with no feud to them. The action was fine, but there wasn't much reason for me to invest in the outcome. These two characters have barely made their debuts.

I'm interested in where they're going with Magnus and Abyss. I smell a swerve with Abyss making sure Magnus retains the title.

OK then... they really pulled the Beautiful People return out of nowhere and now Madison's awkwardly in a role as a face. It'll take time for that to truly sink in.

Pretty crazy segment to set up tonight's World Title match. This is why four-way feuds aren't ideal. Weren't they just teasing Joe turning heel? Whom are we supposed to pull for?

OK then... no Tag Title match. This show's a mess sometimes.

This Knux angle is growing on me. He definitely has more depth now than when he was in Aces and Eights.

Fans beg for a Beautiful People reunion, yet they return as heels. The ending to that match could easily lead to Madison getting frustrated and turning heel on Brittany, possibly even joining back with Velvet and Angelina. The Knockouts division is clearly changing without Gail and Tapa at the top.

I love the mind games between King and MVP. This one could make for quite the feud.

Good post-match to keep building King.

Didn't Magnus just split off from EC3? TNA's getting frustrating again.

I think they could have left MVP vs. King where it was, but I don't think the additional fight took away from anything all that much.

Other than the odd ending, the main event was really solid action-wise. There was a good story told with all four men. EY has mostly earned his stripes as far as I'm concerned. I think he can be a legitimate main eventer sooner rather than later. Maybe even champion?

The Magnus/Abyss/EC3 saga continues. I'm kind of iffy on it at this point. I mostly like Magnus as champion for what that's worth.

Welp, darlin', it looks like we're in for something crazy next week! I think it's too early to bring Dixie back, but maybe they have something in mind. Maybe...

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment