Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Smackdown Reax - 4/18/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown.

I really got into that opening segment. There were some clever references to Evolution's past and the perception of HHH using his own power to get ahead and throwing talent under the bus.

That was a pretty good promo from Big E. He's growing on me as a potential future important act. I hope for the best as always.

Really good match from the standpoint of improving Big E's game and having him be competitive with a former WWE/World Champion. I can definitely see the criticism of this bringing down Del Rio more than it builds Big E, but this seems like more of a plan to elevate the IC Champ than anything.

Cool post-match. Del Rio was protected with not losing clean, but Big E still got to make a statement. Del Rio's definitely not on his way up in WWE and we need to be cognizant of that, but they could have easily jobbed him out clean here.

Pretty fun segment from Heyman. I could criticize it for not putting over Cesaro more, but ending The Streak is a BIG deal and should be treated as such. The only question is, when will we see Brock and Taker again?

Oh boy... I guess with a lot of the roster overseas, they've got to use performers like El Torito and Hornswoggle. What does it say about someone's place on the roster if they didn't make the tour OR a show featuring those two?

Good Tamina promo! I'm glad we're seeing more things like this to get over who the characters are.

Good video package on Paige. Glad to see her doing well so far. She's still got a ways to go to truly succeed, though.

Wow. Even Aksana got a promo tonight. That's good, but probably a sign of the limited roster tonight.

Not bad. Not bad. Paige seems to still be finding her feet on the main roster, but she's coming along. That's the most ring psychology I think I've ever seen from Aksana. They might have gotten more time than they usually do and had to stretch things a bit.

Good stuff from Sheamus. He can do pretty good serious promos. Nothing exemplary that redefines wrestling or anything, but he gets things across.

Oh boy... welp, there was our big comedy match of the night. There had to have been something better to spend that time on, but WWE isn't playing with a full deck at this taping and that has to be considered.

I'm ready for another Rusev slaying.

Yeah, I'm still not crazy about Barrett's gimmick. It's too repetitive for my tastes. It works in small doses, but the bigger promos are tedious.

#*$% yeah. I love a good mauling every once in a while. Truth continues to do a really good job as a seasoned veteran. Every roster needs them.

Xavier and Truth just got REKT. I enjoy both, but I think WWE needs to be getting Rusev over more than protecting them right now.

Good little match between Santino and Fandango. I like Layla as the new dancer.

Silly stuff with Santino and Emma, as is par for the course. I like their act, so I'm fine with it.

Pretty good match from Batista and Sheamus as far as hard-hitting bouts go. Was it amazing from a technical standpoint? No, but they shouldn't really be worried about that. This was good for continuing Batista's momentum going into Extreme Rules. That show's shaping up well so far.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment