Total Pageviews

Monday, April 7, 2014

WWE Hall of Fame Reax - 4/5/14, HoF warning, lots of WM30 hype, remembering Bearer, AXXESS cameo and Questions on Mickie-WWE, Rock at Mania, Warrior, celebs at Mania and Legends contracts

Hall of Fame:
Great trip down memory lane with Lita. It was cool to hear about her beginnings and her being an inspiration to so many people. I'm glad we didn't get a C.M. Punk chant.

DDP's an awesome person. I loved that intro.

Jake Roberts really hit me in the gut there. An amazing redemption story. I couldn't be prouder of him for turning his life around.

I guess WWE wanted some levity after that really emotionally-heavy speech.

I really liked Mr. T's speech, as odd as it was at times. Touching story about his mom.

HOLY #*$&! I didn't expect Taker to make an appearance, as he's never been on-camera for the Hall of Fame. That was pretty cool.

Nash cracks me up every once in a while.

Cool stuff from the Kliq.

Ehhh... I think I could do without the comedy bits.

Yeah, I don't think Carlito's coming back to WWE with those comments.

Nothing too memorable from Carlos. I guess his time got cut a good deal.

Touching words from Linda.

That was pretty cool from Warrior. A very memorable speech and I'm glad he didn't go too far off-the-rails and take any shots at anyone. I hope his relationship with WWE really improves.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.
Fans attending the WWE Hall of Fame were warned against inappropriate behavior. There's a difference between chanting in support of a wrestler's career and making an ass of yourself in public.

Jim Ross had a big history of WrestleMania article. Pretty cool look back at all those years of history. He's DEAD ON about doing what makes creative sense. Sometimes that can be unpredictable, but there shouldn't be crazy swerves just to do them. Interesting insight into Flair vs. Hogan and a number of other creative decisions. Nice sly reference from Trish there about the Mickie match.

Josh Reddick made WrestleMania picks. I don't think ANYONE saw Brock winning.

For other Mania hype:
Bryan, Natalya, Hogan, Big E and Titus - I do think Bryan's matches topped Taker's. He had a lot more story going into his matches, though.

The Hulkster, jack - I think Vince is onto something with fans moving past the days of PPVs. Just maybe not as soon as a lot of people expect.

Memories of Paul Bearer - OOOOHHH YEEEEEESSSSSSSS.

Piece on Bray Wyatt - I think he did quite well and had a good moment at the show. Maybe he beats Cena at Extreme Rules? Please!?

TMZ caught Lilian Garcia doing karaoke.

More with Hogan discussing Warrior - TNA's audience just got buried. Hulkster is the original Haitch as far as that goes.

Cesaro * Titus * Heyman * Emma * Natalya * Rollins * Bryan

DDP predicted C.M. Punk at WM30. I liked the Broadway reference. DDP's awesome.

WCW valet Gorgeous George appeared at AXXESS. I can't say I saw that one coming. Pretty cool she met with Lanny Poffo.

Wired.com interviewed someone who puts together WWE's video packages. A lot of those are REALLY awesome. I miss Miz as a top heel. Touching story overall.

For my take on Saturday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. Not that I've seen. As far as I know, there aren't currently any plans to bring her in.

2. Rock vs. Brock at WM31? Please?

3. I'm thinking they'd play him off or something.

4. That sounds about right. Batista being in a big movie this summer puts him in the celebrity category to a degree.

5. Basically that. WWE just signs them to contracts to use them as action figures and the like. They're free to work elsewhere unless WWE needs them for something.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment