Total Pageviews

Monday, April 28, 2014

TNA Sacrifice Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Sacrifice PPV.
Good opening video package to set the stage for the main event. This could be quite the good night.

I liked DJ Z's opening taunt. I think both companies are getting better about not just throwing matches out with no promos beforehand.

Good addition to the tag title match. I really hope we're not in for a flat ending here.

Damn! The Wolves really showed why they were hired in that one. The Bro-Mans were better here than I expected them to be and that added to things. Congrats on the new tag champs, though I have no idea who they really have to face at this point.

Pretty weird stuff from Samuel Shaw, but what else would we expect? This gimmick's a definite improvement from his Gut Check days.

I liked the added touch of Christy not being in the ring for announcing. Pretty clever.

Ha! That was a pretty good match as far as those kinds of matches go. I think they can do some cool stuff with Shaw being committed. It looks like this was the end of this feud, but I'm OK with that as I'd rather it not go so long I'm begging for a mercy killing (see: Aces and 8s). Both men played their roles well in the whole ordeal.

Good promo from EC3 and Spud to get them some heat going into the slaughterhouse. I see no way they win this one.

So, no big surprises there! Angle and Willow really showed some cool stuff, for what that's worth. They've both still got something in the tank. EC3 and Spud gave more of a fight than I expected, so this wasn't a total annihilation.

Yeah, the EY push is still too much for my tastes. It feels like more of an award for sticking around than something he got for being the most over and deserving guy in the company.

I'm not sold on what they're doing with Knux just yet, but we'll see where it goes. It certainly seems like they're teasing some new workers coming in.

Wow. That was a pretty impressive showing from Sanada and Tigre Uno. It definitely felt more like two guys doing cool moves than a match in places, but both men are really good at their style.

Good post-match to put both men over as spirited babyfaces. I kind of wish they had Kenny King interrupt, but maybe they'll do something with him on Impact.

Ahhhhh. Good ol' heel James Storm. I'm glad we've got him back. He's quite good at that role.

That was one hell of a brutal match between Gunner and Storm. They really put Gunner over strong as a resilient babyface there, almost ridiculously so given how much he went through. I hope Storm recovers from the loss and both men get rewarded for their work here.

Very good promo from Angelina. This feud's been built well despite its flaws.

Good match between Angelina and Madison. I was impressed with both of them here. I'm rather surprised we didn't see Gail and/or Brittany involved in any of this, but this was a good next step in the storyline. The Beautiful People make for a strong heel act and I think this could work pretty well for the division.

Honestly, kind of a weak promo from Bully Ray. He says he doesn't want to talk, then keeps talking. I don't necessarily think he's phoning it in or anything, but I definitely think we've already seen his peak as a performer with last year's work.

Oh, yeah. That one will go over well. I would have liked the ending more if it put any heat on Roode. Instead he looked like a fluke. The match itself was pretty good and I liked how both of them played to the crowd, but I think the ending took away from things to some degree.

On one level, it's funny Dixie screwed Bully like that, but I don't think the ending did what it should have done.

Good promo by Magnus! I hope he stays a main eventer once this feud's over. He's done pretty well in the role.

Pretty good main event, all things considered. It kicked up in the last stage to make it stand out from a regular match. I didn't really see it as a match between two main event guys for what that's worth, but there's no need to bury either man's performance here.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment