Total Pageviews

Friday, April 4, 2014

Superstars and NXT Reax - 4/3/14

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's Superstars and NXT.

Superstars:
Kofi vs. Slater was good for a "filler" match on the road to WrestleMania. Obviously they're not going to do a lot of storyline advancing on Superstars. Kofi's stock isn't exactly great after a loss to Slater, but I doubt WWE gave this too much thought as far as long-term plans go.

NXT:
I continue to be impressed by Emma. She's someone to really watch in the years to come. She has the intangibles to separate her from the pack. I'm noticing improvements in Sasha's game, so she deserves praise as well.

I'm not feeling Mojo yet, but there's no rush for him to reach a high level.

I wanted something a little longer from The Ascension, but that wasn't bad at all. I don't see any hurry to put them on the main roster, but I like the gimmick and they perform well.

I wonder when we'll see Eden Rhodes compete.

It's been a pleasure watching Brodus improve from his days on Season 4 of NXT. I saw potential there and he's kicked it up since then. Hopefully the process continues and he makes a sizable mark in WWE.

I've been waiting for this Brodus Clay ever since that killer promo at the end of Season 4 of NXT. He makes a great antagonist for Neville. I'm looking forward to that feud.

I liked Neville's promo well enough to keep the angle going.

Breeze makes for an entertaining character who definitely has a future on the main roster as the next Ryder or Fandango. He could still use some fine-tuning in the ring first.

Yeah... Breeze still has a ways to go before I'd put him on the main roster. More experience will be key here. I do enjoy the character, though!

Good Sami promo. I definitely think he's being groomed to make it to the main roster.

Corey Graves is a great promo. I think he might work best in a team situation, but he's someone to really keep an eye on.

Not an amazing Paige promo, but there was some good fire to it.

Impressive stuff between Zayn and Graves. Both men have a grasp of ring psychology and storytelling that will hopefully earn them main roster spots. I thought it was a bit odd for Graves to go for Lucky 13 in a match focusing on Zayn's concussion, but all in all, both men get high marks here.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment