Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Raw Reax - 4/14/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

Classy beginning to the show for Warrior.

I'm glad they're adding importance to the IC Title by having a big tournament to see who will challenge for it. I can see how some would see it as a step down for the people in the tournament, but I think WWE's trying to re-establish the title with the gesture.

Del Rio vs. RVD was pretty good. I could complain about the part-timer going over, but it's just the first round of the tournament. If he wins the whole thing and the title and then bails before Summerslam? Yeah, I might take issue with that.

I guess The Authority's on the same page again after the dissension on Smackdown. Maybe Orton and Batista just don't like Kane?

Oh, I guess more was explained in the second backstage segment. The Shield getting a win over HHH, Orton and Batista would be pretty cool and big for their careers. I wouldn't just assume it will happen, though.

I mostly liked Cody and Goldust vs. Rybaxel. The latter seem rather directionless, but maybe this is building them up as the next challengers for The Usos. I hope there's not too much of a lull between now and Summerslam for the Rhodes Half-Brothers.

I don't know if Bo's ready from an in-ring perspective, but I love these vignettes. He's the kind of guy you really want to see get punched in the face.

Paige is better than this. I guess they're building her as an underdog not ready for the main roster, so she's coming from behind instead of dominating.

Another good decision as far as not feeding The Usos to Big Dave and Randy. I wouldn't rule out a title switch down the line, though.

Glad The Shield are looking strong against the Mania headliners.

Meh. That Authority/Evolution segment made sense. I can live with an Evolution reunion if it benefits talents like The Shield and Bryan. HHH and to a lesser degree Batista are part-timers, so WWE shouldn't make them look superior to the full-timers.

Good promo from Paul Heyman. I hope this is the start of some really good things for Cesaro.

Awesome showing by Cesaro. I'm glad he got a clean, decisive win over Henry to continue to build his credibility.

Funny segment with HHH, Stephanie and Maddox.

Big showing by Rusev as he continues his dominance. This was the very definition of a squash match. I like Woods, but don't see him as someone who should be a big deal right now.

Not surprised to see Rusev attack Truth. They'll probably face off next as WWE keeps building the new star. That's how you get it done.

Sheamus vs. Swagger was pretty cool. Despite a loss, Swagger looked like a pretty credible performer.

I let out an audible "NO!" when Big Show came out in that segment. He's definitely an act WWE needs to be getting away from. Why they won't get behind someone as talented and hard-working as Sandow instead of continuing to feature older, past-their-prime performers is beyond me.

I'm ready for the Wyatts.

#*$% that John Cena segment. I really hate how he throws potential stars under the bus. Hopefully this is just him getting some shots in before Bray beats him at Extreme Rules, because I don't see how it really benefits anyone for Cena to go over again. This segment probably appealed to the PG crowd, but there's a reason a lot of people are switching over to the likes of Daniel Bryan, Cesaro and The Shield.

I hope this doesn't mean we've seen the last of Summer Rae. I think she's done great in her short time in WWE and from what I've seen in NXT.

Ehhh. Not a bad tag match to keep establishing the duo of Fandango and Layla.

Kickass! I'm ready for the return of Monster Kane. It was a nice little break from that, but I think it's the right move to put the mask back on him.

I wasn't as crazy about that Adam Rose vignette. I wonder if Bunny parties with the Swagger Soaring Eagle?

Damn. Barrett and Ziggler really stepped it up in the latter part of that match.

Not a bad post-match promo from Barrett. I'm ready for him to be re-established. Hopefully this means they're cutting back on the long promos.

Batista vs. Sheamus is fine by me. Could be a good slobberknocker.

Well, that didn't last long! I think The Shield looked fine in holding their own against that many people.

OH $*%&!!! Pretty cool ending to the show. I'm feeling Evolution's comeback so far.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment