Total Pageviews

Monday, April 28, 2014

Query on Rhett Titus-WWE, ex-WWF/WCW star has surgery, Interview with Summer Rae, live event notes and Questions on titles, ending Taker's streak, the change in WWE, Bryan's push and the HoF

First up, a query:
1. I haven't seen anything about Rhett Titus potentially going to WWE since his cameo appearance last year. He's back to working with ROH under a new gimmick, so I'm thinking that ship's probably sailed by now.

Former WWF and WCW performer Black Bart had surgery to improve blood flow in his legs. I hope that goes well for him.

Summer Rae was interviewed. Nothing really groundbreaking. I like her and wish her the best.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.
Notes from this weekend's live events:
- WWE offered refunds at the start of shows advertising Daniel Bryan. A class move and very fair of them.

- Adam Rose beat Heath Slater. Rose had an entourage with some costumes and pulled out some comedy spots. I think this could get over pretty well on the main roster.

- Paige teamed with Natalya to beat Summer Rae and Alicia Fox.

- Bo Dallas beat Justin Gabriel after cutting a BOlieve promo. I'm less sure about him succeeding on the main roster, but there's some potential there and I'm glad he's getting a chance.

For my take on PWInsider.com questions:
1. While Orton and Bryan have two physical titles, they're both for the same championship. Paige was both NXT Women's Champion and WWE Divas' Champion before being stripped of the former. I'm not sure why this is such a difficult thing for people to grasp.

2. It was BEST FOR BUSINESS. I think all of those are valid reasons in addition to Taker's physical state in 2014. And there's no way WWE would shell out the kind of money needed to get Brock on the roster full-time. I don't even think he'd entertain the idea.

3. It's HHH's influence as well as fans forcing WWE's hand in some ways. More tag teams would be helpful. I continue to find the cruiserweight label as potentially restraining a talent from making it up the food chain. WWE's roster isn't as dominated by heavyweights as it was in the past. Smaller people can now get sizable pushes outside the division. A big thing for me would be WWE shuffling around some names where we don't see the same people so much for years on end. They're doing this to some degree, but I'd like to see it go further.

4. I can definitely see people complaining about his placement no matter what they do with him. Hopefully he does get a pretty good push out of the ordeal. Batista's probably going on hiatus soon and HHH only works a few PPVs a year, so I don't think there as big of a threat as some might think. Besides, there's a big difference between using the 40+ year olds to elevate talented younger acts and having the WWE be dominated by people years removed from their heyday.

5. Yeah, sure, those are all good choices. I think they might should save Taker for WM32 in Dallas, though. Sting or Randy Savage would be my picks.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment