Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Smackdown Reax - 4/11/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown.
That was a cool opening graphic.

I loved that opening segment because Cena didn't put all the focus on himself. They used him to put over a lot of the up-and-coming acts in the company. I really hope we're turning a new page in the company. I think there's still a place for guys like Kane, Cena, Orton, Batista, etc., but it's also time for some new stars to break out.

I'm ready for the Age of Cesaro. I hope he can live up to the hype as I've been impressed with him so far. PUSH THIS MAN.

Cesaro had a pretty good showing there vs. Show. Thankfully Show actually sold for him. There's definitely some confusion over whether Cesaro is a face or a heel given him being attacked by Swagger yet managed by the dastardly Heyman.

HOLY #&$@!!! Cesaro did it! We could be looking at a future top performer here.

I'm glad new talent like Bo is getting video packages and stuff before debuting. The approach to using newer, younger talent in general has been much better with HHH at the helm.

Not a bad tag match at all. Good work.

RVD's never really been a great promo guy. He strikes me as a B+ player as well.

As much as I like RVD's offense, I feel like I've seen it all before. I don't think Sandow should be beating him clean or anything, but it's really time to use RVD in a way that elevates and showcases the talent who'll be around full-time.

Glad Adam Rose is getting play on Smackdown, too. I'm all for talents looking like big deals so it matters when they debut.

That was a good segment for Bryan to get the endorsement from Hogan. I personally got tired of Hogan's shtick a LONG time ago, but I think the segment elevated Bryan and that was the goal.

Nothing really bad with Kofi vs. Barrett. I think they could re-establish Barrett if they want to go that route.

I like the pairing of Fandango and Layla. I hope we still see Summer Rae, though. She's good.

Ehhhh... Fandango vs. Santino didn't do a lot for me personally. But for advancing that storyline, it was fine.

Good video on Paige. I'm glad we're getting to know her and not just seeing her as the latest in a long line of Divas.

Interesting backstage segment with the members of The Authority. It will be interesting to see how long this alliance lasts.

That was a pretty good match for the main event. It made sense for it to end in chaos so neither team lost momentum.

Pretty cool ending to the show, with the older name being used to put over the rising stars. It's a little weird to see Batista and Orton not being on the same page as Kane and HHH, but they do all have different goals.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment