Total Pageviews

Friday, April 18, 2014

NXT and Impact Wrestling Reax - 4/17/14

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's NXT and Impact Wrestling.
NXT:
I think Aiden's a talent who's worth paying attention to. He might never headline WrestleMania, but he can add something to the show and that's his job.

I definitely didn't see Aiden getting the win there! I saw him as too s-a-w-f-t SAWFT to beat Big Cass, even via rollup.

Tyler Breeze has a pretty good gimmick. I hope he can wrestle well enough to make the most of it.

Ooooh. Good stuff with Paige. I'm ready for her to reach her full potential on the main roster.

LOLWUT. Way to get Grey over in his return. I hope this is leading to something because neither man looks like he's set for anything of note at the moment.

Bo pls. I hope his gimmick takes off because I think he's really got something with it.

I feel like there's something missing with The Ascension but I can't really put my finger on it. It could be that it feels like I've seen 900 squash matches from them.

Ooohhhh... I like what we're seeing from Charlotte here. This is MUCH better than her trying to emulate her dad's gimmick and mannerisms.

Good work from CJ Parker. He's doing much better with this gimmick.

Ugggghhhhh..... I don't think I'll ever want to see another Khali squash match. There's really nothing to sink my teeth into.

I'm guessing we get Paige and Emma as a team next week. That'd be great!

I'm really looking forward to that six-man tag. This angle's done more to make me care about Zayn than him just being an amazing athlete (which he is). I can definitely see him "replacing" Rey Mysterio someday.

That was a good first impression from the new team of Dillinger and Jordan.

Not a bad match at all for the main event. I see both men are getting better at the ins and outs of a match.

That post-match makes me hopeful for at least a Round 2!

Impact Wrestling:
I still see EY winning as a questionable move, but that wasn't a bad first segment as champ. Dixie's character continues to be a guilty pleasure of mine. She's enjoyable as someone I love to boo. The WWE allusion and using Bully Ray to endorse Eric show where the company is right now as far as priorities. Bully turning heel on EY would be cliche but potentially interesting for a while. There are only so many tricks left in the bag for Bully being fresh.

You'd think it would make more sense to have a singles match build to a PPV stipulation bout, but it's almost pointless to try to improve TNA's booking at this point.

Ha! They jumped right into that big gimmick match, didn't they? EY vs. Abyss in Monster's Ball could have headlined either Sacrifice or Slammiversary, but now it's just kind of thrown out there.

Good segment with EC3 and Spud. I wonder what they think of having to be part of the crazy Willow angle.

Looks like TNA's got to do a Plan B with Joe out. It's like nothing can ever go smoothly for them.MVP vs. Aries should be pretty great. That ending line by Aries hit hard.

I know hardcore wrestling fans are screaming at their computers at The Wolves still being unable to take the titles from the Bro-Mans. I can't say I disagree with their frustration. I'm guessing the payoff will be at Sacrifice.

>Willow
What's left to say about him at this point? Good think I only have to see him one night a week.

I'm glad they're doing video packages on Young's win to sell the importance of being World Champion.

Ehhh... the domination by Willow continues. I'm guessing he'll feud with Magnus at some point?

Good return from Angle, though it's not saying much to beat EC3 given how little trouble Willow just had with him.

Great promo from Angle! I look forward to his in-ring return. I don't think he has many matches left in him, so this could be important for looking at what his future is from a wrestling standpoint.

Cool segment from Roode. I look forward to his match tonight.

Bleh... Sanada. He's not a particularly interesting character at this point.

I'm already more excited for Kenny King than the two international guys.

I'm not a big fan of throwing a whole lot of moves together in a short timespan. Neither man really means a lot right now because they're just thrown out there to do flippy #*$@.

Cool Bully segment to set up the tables match.

This will be good!

Of course the table wouldn't break... Good match as far as brawls go.

Bully and Gunner vs. Beer Money sounds good to me. They're pretty hard-hitting guys.

Another good EY package.

Pretty good Bully/Gunner segment. I hope Gunner gets elevated from teaming with the former TNA Champ.

If you like matches with a lot of weapon spots and brutality, this one was for you. It was a little too excessive for my tastes, as I'm something of a "less is more" guy. It felt like they crammed a lot into a short amount of time.

More wrestling coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment