Total Pageviews

Friday, January 22, 2016

Former ECW Champs vs. Green Day, Total Divas debut audience, new WWE Network series, NXT guest debuting for EVOLVE, ROH cancels show, TNA audience, Interviews with Cesaro/Becky/Reigns/Styles, Smackdown attendance note, and Questions on a new nWo, NXT working with NJPW, Sunny, how the NJPW names will do in WWE, and WWE working with WWNLive

Taz told a story about Tommy Dreamer and himself having a run-in with Green Day at a hotel. You know, I really doubt Big Show and Undertaker were traveling with ECW stars. But that's on the artist, not Taz. And Green Day must be pretty short if they had to look up at Taz.

The season debut of Total Divas drew 1.12 million viewers. That's better than the average of last season, so I wouldn't expect it to be canceled if advertisers are happy with that kind of number.

"Ridealong" will debut on WWE Network Monday after Raw. It follows performers on the road together. That sounds kind of dangerous?

Tommaso Ciampa will debut for EVOLVE at this weekend's events. He's been a good addition to NXT.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.



ROH canceled a live event in Asheville due to the severe weather. Their event in Georgia is still set to go on. Classes were canceled in Asheville, so I see why they made that call.

Impact Wrestling drew 321,000 viewers for their third episode on Pop. That's a nice jump from the previous two shows. That main event was really incredible. I hope their momentum continues as the year stretches on.

Cesaro talked about his injury and more. I think we could see a WWE Network special from Europe, but I don't know if they'd do Raw or Smackdown. We'll see.

Attendance at Smackdown was said to be rather low. I think a lot of fans are burned out with so much WWE content during the week.

Becky Lynch talked ahead of the Royal Rumble. Trish and Torrie BTFO.

Roman Reigns talked before the Rumble. At least he acknowledged the criticisms of his promo work instead of blowing them off. He's definitely got room to grow in that department.

AJ Styles talked about potentially coming to WWE and more:
- I definitely think it worked in AJ's favor to get a lot more experience before getting a shot at WWE.


- I think he's absolutely right about experience being an important factor.

- It's not what cool moves you can do. It's when you do them. I'm glad AJ gets that now. I wish more performers did.

- The Bullet Club turned on AJ right after that interview.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I agree about rehashing old ideas, especially from more than fifteen years ago. I'd rather see them reunite The Shield as faces.

2. If they were working with NJPW, they wouldn't need to wait until the names involved were no longer under NJPW contract to use them. Plus, it wouldn't matter if someone like Bad Luck Fale re-signed with NJPW, since they'd be more or less sharing talent in that agreement. So, no, they're not working together.

3. I've intentionally stayed away from that kind of news, since it really doesn't have anything to do with wrestling at this point.

4. I think they'll get a good chance to show what they can do. Things are moving away from Vince's vision to some degree as far as not pushing "indie" or international stars. HHH will be pushing for these names to be used well. If the talents themselves mesh well with the WWE environment, I think they'll probably do fine. While I doubt they'll go as crazy as they do in ROH or NJPW, I think they'll still get to show the talents that got them signed in the first place. IF, of course, they do get signed. It's not a lock yet.

5. MAYBE. I think it's still something low-key they're doing between NXT and EVOLVE rather than a big corporate partnership. Since it isn't a Vince/WWE Corporate thing, it might not be something they parade to the stockholders. The people who need to know already know.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment