Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Raw Reax - 1/25/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

I'm fine with Roman vs. HHH at WM32. Reigns won't get booed as much as he would against Brock. Plus, Roman has still got a big mountain to climb going up against a sure-fire Hall of Famer and 14-time World Champion.

They have to be careful with how they present AJ. There are pretty big (occasionally unrealistic) expectations about what they'll do with him.

I love heel HHH. Such a smug asshole.

HHH putting over Reigns' athleticism is good. If Reigns is just a lucky punk, it means nothing to beat him.

Great heeling from Corporate Haitch. I hope Seth Rollins keeps learning from him.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see HHH in the ring until Mania. He is pretty busy behind the scenes.

WWWHHHHOOOOOAAAAA. Jericho vs. AJ already!? That's a big first singles match.

- Ziggler vs. KO:
I hope they don't drop the Sami Zayn thread. I can see him continuing in NXT for the time being, but with Aries there now, they can plan on moving Zayn up to face Owens at WM32.

I'm pretty much over the superkick not being used as a finisher anymore. It's just a matter of how often it's used in a match.

Good match overall! We're seeing some really good talent under the WWE umbrella.

How Roman sells losing the title is going to be key. If it's no big deal, why should we care about him getting it back?

Fun stuff from the S.O. I'm glad WWE is giving them time to show what they can do.

Based Bo Rida.

Very good move using Flo to set up a match between wrestlers instead of beating down a wrestler himself.

- Bo/Axel vs. Dudleys:
The Social Outcasts are quickly becoming one of my favorite acts. They're not at New Day's level yet, but they're beating the Wolves (not that that's saying much).

That was a pretty good match. Nice use of Flo.

Wow. AJ Styles wrestling on Raw. This is going to be big one way or another.

Y2J can still have a really good match. I think he's the perfect first opponent to show what AJ can do.

- Jericho vs. Styles:
Two WCW alumni in action here, if you can believe it.

AJ obviously has experience performing at this level with some high-level opponents.

Good match! We got to see what AJ's made of on night one.

That was an OK post-match. I'm definitely ready for Jericho to turn heel, but timing is everything.

The boss is back!!!

- Sasha vs. Becky:
ECW alumni, WCW alumni, and now some NXT alumni.

I'm glad Becky still has fire after last night's loss.

God, I missed Sasha.

NXT war imminent.

Gold Truth could be a good pairing.

Funny remark from Truth. I just hope it didn't trigger people. You have to be careful with anything remotely controversial about the LGBTQ+ community these days...

Golden Truth works for me. Is this leading to Goldust getting an unexpected partner out of nowhere? My vote is Sandow.

- Kane vs. Bray:
I really hope Bray wins clean.

Well, that was good enough. The point is, the Wyatts need to look like a real threat.

I enjoy the dominance of the Wyatts.

HILARIOUS to have Miz be in the limo. He's such a twat.

Wow. Scorpion King brings back some memories.

Ehhhh Rock's remarks get kind of corny sometimes.

I can just picture Vince having a fit backstage at Rock drawing attention to the cosplayers and mentioning weed.

DAMN. Xavier shooting hard at the commentators. I don't know if Byron's the best announcer, but he's definitely not the worst.

NEW DAY IS ON FIRE!!!

Rock's insults were funnier when I was in middle school...

Whoa, Rock really is the Attitude Era version of Cena, insult-wise.

Good use of the Usos.

So, what's Rock doing at Mania? Teaming with the Usos to face New Day? They can do more with him than that.

- Brie/Alicia vs. Paige/Natalya:
This match will probably be good, but I'm kind of tired of "Total Divas" stuff. I wish it was kept on its own show.

At least that was quick.

Hahahaha. Miz is a fun character sometimes.

- Miz vs. Kalisto:
The bad thing about this match is, it doesn't matter how it goes. Fans will still complain if Kalisto beats a former WWE Champion because it's still "poor booking" somehow...

Miz can be pretty good/fun in the ring.

NICE ending.

- Rusev/Sheamus vs. Ambrose/Reigns:
Good action form everyone involved.

Rusev is a beast. Strong, technically gifted, AND agile? That's a rare combination.

Good match.

WOW. Big post-match. Reigns got some revenge for the Rumble.

OH SHIT THAT WILL BE AWESOME!!!!!

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment