Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Raw Reax - 1/11/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
This could be pretty interesting. I like the start of the show involving a sea of wrestlers.


So, does this mean no big surprise entrants? I assume Brock destroys some of these people to make room for some cameos. 

WHOA. Vince actually kind of put over Ziggler. That's kind of a necessity with Cena out. Maybe this is a sign of a new era of the McMahons not throwing talent under a bus. I'm not holding my breath, though.

Vince saying booty made my night.

I guess that's confirmation Brock's in the Rumble. I'm really interested to see what other matches make up the card that night with so many important names in the Rumble match itself.

I wouldn't rule out HHH being the surprise 31st entrant screwing over Roman. That would be kind of short-sighted given HHH's status as a part-timer, but could be enjoyable. Snarky Heel Haitch is a lot of fun at times.

Sheamus vs. Ambrose should be good.

- Ambrose vs. Sheamus:
Enjoyable match so far. Both men are quite good wrestlers.

This is a pretty good brawl.

I'm more tolerant of outside dives when it's not smaller indie guy vs. smaller indie guy.

Ambrose has a lot of fight in him. I like it.

This is a really good match. Both men should have big roles in Dallas.

Ambrose just takes beatings all the time. 

I can only imagine what would be the fitting end to Ambrose vs. KO. I think back to TNA's Clockwork Orange House of Fun match or Monster's Ball (the old version where the competitors were "locked away without food, water, or light for 24 hours").

I like the idea of Roman vs. Brock II going down at WM32, but there needs to be something for Lesnar to do at the Rumble.

Fitting tribute with Stardust's face paint. It was an obvious route to go, but still really appreciated.

- Stardust vs. Titus:
The phrase "destined to do this forever" comes to mind.

That was nice while it lasted. Stardust is a talented guy, so it's a shame he's always on the losing end.

At least Stardust got some heat back after the match.

Welcome Everyone to Raw IS 1999!!!

Yes, Y2J is here to "save the WWE" AGAYNE. He's saving it from character development, apparently. I guess he's here to just play the nostalgia card with top names out.

I'm glad New Day is here to save things.

The Ayatollah of Dad Jokes. 

I hope New Day isn't coming back to do this shtick in 2031. It's really entertaining now, for what that's worth.

I kind of expected a six-man tag to break out. Maybe this will lead to that?

- Usos vs. Big E/Kofi:
These sides go together well.

Good match so far.

Jericho, you heartless monster! As if I didn't have enough reason to heel him, he broke Francesca!

r.i.p. in peace francesca ;_; i cri everytiem

Looks like we won't see Cena in the Rumble this year. huehuehuehue.

Stephanie and Paul definitely have a history of not getting along. 

Interesting stuff with whether Brock should be in the Rumble.

I don't know if that was a tease of Sting vs. Bray, but I'd love to see it.

I like the Social Outcasts already. Curtis and Rose don't have much going for them as characters, so it makes sense to have Slater and Bo do the talking.

- Wyatts vs. Outcasts:
Strowman's going to rock all these fools.

Ugh. Ryback.

I like the chaos going into the Rumble. Very Attitude Era-esque.

Good babyface promo from Kalisto. I hope he's got a bright future.

I'm sure there are people glad Del Rio "took Cena out" again. I think Cena's work in the ring lately (aside from the botches of the springboard stunner) has been really good.

- Kalisto vs. ADR:
This is good so far!

Nice counter to the suicide dive. I still love Samoa Joe's counters to top rope moves.

OH MY! ALBERTO DEL RIO SENDING A MESSAGE TO THE LOCKER ROOM!

That was really good! I hope Kalisto takes this ball and runs with it. I don't know if he's "ready" for a big singles push, but it's worth giving him a shot with the gold.

You know, Charlotte's growing on me as a heel. I really hope Sasha vs. Charlotte happens at Mania.

BAH GAWD BECKY THAT WOMAN HAS A DAMN FAMILY!!!! She's vicious here.

Becky making Ric tap would be a good move, too, to show she's not playing around.

If Vince is upset about Reigns attacking him, he really shouldn't try his luck with Paul and BRRRRRRRRRROCK LLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRR.

Good promo from Becky. I'm ready for her going for the title at the Rumble.

I'm a fan of Reigns, but he absolutely should NOT be able to beat all these heels.

- Reigns Gauntlet Match:
Owens already making a mark on Roman. Why is he not in LoN? Unless they're still looking to go four-on-four with the Wyatts.

Owens is a keeper. I hope 2016 is a big year for him.

Reigns is improving as a worker. He looks more fluid in the ring.

Reigns just going on a tear here.

BRRRRRRRRROOOOCCCCCKKKK LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEESSSSNNNNNNAAAAARRRR is a joy to watch.

BAH GAWD BROCK LESNAR'S JUST A FORCE OF NATURE. I'm excited for him facing Roman again.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment