Total Pageviews

Monday, January 11, 2016

NXT and WWE live event notes, UK name to be added to TNA tour, and Questions on ADR vs. Kalisto, One Man Gang, whom to push with Cena gone, Brock on Raw, and the date of the Rumble

Here are results from another NXT live event this weekend:
- Swann and Girard (Busick) got some good hype when they were signed, so I'm glad they're working out on live events.

- Sylvester LeFort is just kind of hanging out right now. I don't know where he fits in going forward. There's got to be someone who could benefit from a manager?

- I'm interested in potentially seeing Tino on TV soon.

On a WWE live event this weekend, the team of Rowan/Harper/Strowman beat the Dudleys/Dreamer. Later, when Kane faced Bray Wyatt, the former ECW names prevented the other Family members from getting involved via a kendo stick.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

TNA is holding a poll to determine which UK wrestler will be added to their upcoming tour. The UK is going to be an important market for them going forward, so we could see at least one of these names become more of a regular.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I do kind of want to see a chihuahua in a Kalisto mask. I didn't see it as trying to re-create ADR vs. Rey, though. With Sin Cara out, it makes sense to use Kalisto as a singles guy for a while.

2. I'm kind of on the fence. He wouldn't be one of the first names I'd pick, but I wouldn't be offended if he made it in.

3. Pretty much the people who are this close to being main eventers already. KO, Ambrose, Del Rio, Sheamus, Rusev, Bray, and Reigns can all be important players. I think the main roster is thin of main eventers due to the injuries, but they have a lot of talented people they could use well. Plus, they have Y2J on-hand and we'll likely see HHH, Taker, etc. for Mania season. It won't be easy, but I don't think they're totally hosed.

4. It's time to set up what Brock's doing that night. I think it could be better to not put him in the match so they can save his title match for WM32. They need a big non-Rumble match that night. My pick is Brock vs. Sheamus.

5. I agree with them here. I'm sure moving to the Network makes things easier, but it almost certainly would have gotten more buzz on a different week.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment