Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Raw Reax - 1/4/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

I'm glad we're not starting with a long Stephanie promo. I guess after having seen the McMahons in talking segments for more than 16 years, I'm more burned out than others.

What does Vince do when he's "not at Raw"? You'd think it'd be pretty important for him to be at his flagship show, even if he's not getting involved on-screen.

That's much more evil than just firing Roman. Putting him on Superstars to job to Adam Rose each week would be a really heavy punishment.

There's something kind of cruel about threatening to assault a senior citizen so badly he has to be hospitalized.

I liked the little moment between Ambrose and Reigns there.

- KO vs. Neville:
Neville's athleticism, as always, is really impressive. It's OK to have some flippy guys in a field of different styles. I wouldn't want to see an hour every week of the same kind of guys doing the same kind of style.

I think that was a pretty good match overall. Neville might have been a little TOO flippy, but it wasn't as bad as we regularly see in ROH.

WOW. I'd love to see an all-out hardcore war between Ambrose and Owens like we got between Ambrose and Rollins.

I wonder what Vince thought of fans calling NYPD last week. I'm sure some were thanking the police for "locking him up."

I think WWE could have a feud on Main Event/Superstars where Heath Slater thinks he's more deserving of being Titus' partner than Darren Young is. Titus seems to have abandoned them both given his singles matches lately.

- Titus vs. Stardust:
I'm really enjoying Stardust. Cody's always better when he has a gimmick beyond "I have family members in the business." Un-Dashing Cody was a favorite story of mine because he pulled from his love of villains.

For an undercard match, that was fine. I KIND OF wish there was a European Title or something for the legion of people doing nothing important to feud over.

Oh God. Becky "just wanting to have a good match" is terrible. She should want to prove she's as good as the champ, not just a sidekick, etc. I was really starting to like Becky in NXT. We were robbed of some real character development with her being called up when she was.

Is this ROH!? Two people just fighting for "the spirit of competition" can be done before the show or something. This is the big leagues, dammit.

- Charlotte vs. Becky:
This is really cheesy. Face vs. face matches are so hokey. The whole "I just want to see who the better wrestler is!" mentality belongs on a Saturday morning cartoon.

Nice to see Charlotte's aggressive side.

Charlotte's really good. She could teach some of the more experienced names a thing or two.

Oh, no. So now this is an "I can outcheat you" angle? I think they should have let HHH or someone who knows how these two got over in NXT book this one.

Damn. Charlotte's not playing around.

I wonder what the first match Vince refereed was. I assume it happened when his dad was in charge.

GOD NO!!!! This show was going pretty well. Why are we seeing this match again!?

- Ryback vs. Show:
The Wyatts just became my favorite face act for interrupting this.

Well, at least that ended up accomplishing something. I really hope we still get a Wyatts/LoN feud.

- Rusev/Del Rio vs. Usos:
The Usos are quite the fluid team. I like watching them work.

In a previous era, Rusev could have easily been a savage "Samoan" beast with a bone in his nose or something.

Pretty good match overall!

Dolph, if you think you're going to win the Rumble, you're gonna have a bad time.

Do we have a new random undercard heel stable!? This could be fun.

- Ziggler vs. Slater:
Damn. Ziggler jobbing to Team Superstars. Good little match while it lasted.

I'm fine with this new random combination of people, since they're not doing anything else. They're probably going to keep losing a lot of matches, but it can at least be fun when it happens.

Based New Day. Big E's one of the best parts of wrestling in 2016.

Oh Goddamnit look who's back. Jericho's still a really good wrestler, but there's such a thing as overstaying your welcome. How many comebacks is this now!?

Is this 2016 or 1999? I don't remember Y2J being interrupted by Randy Savage or Ultimate Warrior.

I mean, Jesus, is a Y2K reference even relevant in 2016?

Is a GREEN DAY reference even relevant in 2016???

Jericho headlined Wrestlemania way back in 2002. I used to consider myself a big Jerichoholic, but I want to see new acts now. I mean, the PS2 was great for its time, but there's a reason people have other consoles now.

- New Day vs. Dudleys/Kalisto:
I hope Sin Cara's OK.

I enjoy Woods. We haven't got to see much of him as a wrestler until recently.

I really like seeing Kalisto.

I hope Big E has a future as a singles star. He's got a lot of the tools needed to be a top guy. It's worth giving him a shot at some point.

That was a pretty good match overall.

- Sheamus vs. Reigns:
I just realized we haven't seen Cena all night. It's good to see these two get a chance to earn top spots in his place.

This is pretty good so far. I think Reigns is growing as a main event guy. Right now he doesn't have to look like THE guy in the company. He's trying to show he can be an important player.

ROMAN SCREWED ROMAN GODDAMNIT.

THINK ABOUT IT ROMAN THAT'S YOUR BOSS!!!!

Well, that's one way to stop Stephanie without hitting her.

This has got some real drama to it.

That was really crazy.

I thought Vince was replaced by HHH as COO.

That should be a really good Rumble storyline!! It shakes things up.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment